The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Good Camera (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/good-camera-286098/)

MillieSantana 09-30-2013 05:33 PM

Good Camera

As some of you know, I currently use my phone for photography. I'm looking for a god beginner camera that still takes good quality photos. Any favorites? Thanks guys!

ErinaStars 10-01-2013 08:41 AM

I've really liked my Canon REBEL T3i...it takes awesome pics!
Its great that you want to get a quality camera from the beginning.
Those cheap cameras are made to just use like for ("maybe") three years and throw away(I call them throw aways)! You save more money getting a good one from the start! =)
Anyway I've really enjoyed this one....its awesome!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_9bmeqdatgi_b

Golden Horse 10-12-2013 01:32 PM

Any more, I was coming here to ask the same!

Falcor74 10-21-2013 09:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a Fuji Finepix 14 mega pixels, 24x superwide with digital zoom. I can get the craters on the moon and it takes good nature shots. I bought mine on sale for $150. The only drawback to this one as it does not have a rechargeable battery, so I do go through some AA batteries. I have included a couple of nature shots so you can see the quality:

ErinaStars 11-06-2013 02:55 PM

Wow! Nice pics...you sure yoy didn't get them from some photography website?? JK! lol! Awesome

~Ivy~

Falcor74 11-06-2013 03:07 PM

Nope.... I have the prickers from the weeds to prove it, lol! My dream camera is a Canon EOS, but major $$$$$$. I also have an album on my profile marked "photography" that will give you some more ideas of what it can do.

Corporal 11-06-2013 03:09 PM

All big cameras will give you a great picture, BUT, if you want to shoot pictures like you have been I suggest a pocket camera. I am in Love with the Nikon COOLPIX, and there are several models to choose from. You will pay from ~$99-~$200, and the holidays will have mega deals precisely bc people think that their phones are also a pocket camera. The COOLPIX stores gobs of pictures, is easy to download and it is much easier to pull out when the shot is "here and then gone." My friend loves her large Canon for posed and planned shots but decided to get a pocket camera to catch pictures her other camera misses when she has to assemble the lens and setup.

ArabianGirl27 11-10-2013 05:48 PM

I have a Canon EOS T3 Rebel and I love it! You can use automatic settings or adjust them yourself, AND you can use manual/automatic focus apart from the other settings. (I use manual focusing, but automatic settings - I find that with point-and-shoot cameras, the focus gets worse and worse as the camera gets older until your pictures are worse quality than what you started with, but when you focus yourself, you don't have that problem! And you can still do the settings automatically, or manually if you prefer.) It's easy to use and understand; you can look through it or use the picture on the screen.

I think the T3i is probably similar, too. The only problem is the price...mine cost around $600-$800, I can't remember, but in my opinion, it's worth it!

6gun Kid 12-15-2013 06:44 AM

I am with Corporal, for a beginner camera the Nikon one or Coolpix are hard to beat. My 70 year old father bought a Nikon One for a cruise him and my mother went on to Russia. He came back with a couple of hundred phenomenal pictures. This is a man that technology skipped, if you get my drift. He bitched and moaned about the death of the old Kodak 110's. Several of his pictures of the Winter Palace could have been postcards. My mom has the Coolpix but most of her pictures include part of her thumb.

wdblevin 12-15-2013 07:30 AM

Years ago, I bought my hubby a Canon EOS T1 Rebel... Even that one was not a beginner's digicam, but I am an experienced digital photographer so it was a good one to have in the house. That camera was and is still is a great unit. The best add-on I got him for it was a battery grip/holder.

I would offer that if you are looking at things from a fairly newbie perspective, make sure that the device you pick has image stabilization. That will add to the price, but will add to the quality of your shots.

My fav digicam website for reviews is: Digital Photography Review