The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Worked with Annie today... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/worked-annie-today-28614/)

Lori1983 05-28-2009 09:31 PM

Worked with Annie today...

3 Attachment(s)
I went to see Annie today, and she has gone wild in 2 weeks! :-)

I have been really ill and haven't been able to work with her for nearly that long, and she wouldn't even let me put a halter on her. This was a first, and pretty frustrating, obviously...but I knew that once I tried to get the halter on her, I had to keep trying until she let me...which took about 20 minutes. A lot of "horse people" have told me that the main thing to remember with horses is patience, and they were right. That 20 minutes felt like 2 hours! It was like a little victory just to get it on.

Then came the ground work, which she desperately lacks...it's almost like it was skipped in her training, and they went straight to saddle-breaking. That's a pet peeve of mine, so I'm sort of starting from scratch with her.

Anyways, the mini training session lasted for about an hour (didn't want to "burn her out," since she's only 3), and by the end of it we had made some real progress, after some initial frustrating moments...not to mention, I snapped a few pictures. :D

Here she is looking innocent enough in the pasture...the last two are after our "school." ;)

Whipple 05-28-2009 09:46 PM

She is very pretty! Congrats on getting the halter on!

AussieDaisyGirl 05-28-2009 10:23 PM

Very pretty!

Cayuse 05-28-2009 10:25 PM

Pretty horse, keep up the good work............and patience!!

Chuckface 05-29-2009 03:08 AM

gorgeous girl. Keppe up the good work & good luck! im sure she'll come around.

Lori1983 05-29-2009 03:11 PM

Aww, thanks guys. I'll keep at it...I'll be working with her tomorrow, too. I'll tell you if we have any progress. I get lots of great advice off this forum, so I think improvements will be seen soon. :)

Lori1983 06-06-2009 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a new one from yesterday...

This time I worked with her on a longer lead, and she followed on a loose lead and began respecting my space/stopping when I said "Whoa" instead of having to have her halter pulled.

As a treat, she got to eat some of my dad's extra good yard grass. He was only too happy to let her, since it needs mowed. :)

MIEventer 06-06-2009 07:41 PM

She is absolutely beautiful :)

Fire Eyes 06-06-2009 10:01 PM

Stunning little girl.