The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Jeans for a tall gal (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/jeans-tall-gal-28646/)

BackInTheSaddleAgain 05-29-2009 03:11 PM

Jeans for a tall gal

I'm 6'1" tall and have a heck of a time finding jeans (or any pants for that matter) that are long enough for me. Does anyone know where I can find good, tall riding jeans?
Thanks =)

NicoleS11 05-29-2009 03:23 PM

have you considered wearing mens wranglers? Im only 5'10 but i have freakishly long legs and a really short upper body and mens wranglers fit me best...

BackInTheSaddleAgain 05-29-2009 03:47 PM

I haven't tried yet, but wanted to give it a shot. Do they come fairly fitted?
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoleS11 (Post 317137)
have you considered wearing mens wranglers? Im only 5'10 but i have freakishly long legs and a really short upper body and mens wranglers fit me best...

NicoleS11 05-29-2009 04:20 PM

They arent to bad...a little on more "baggy" i guess but i like to have a little room to move in my jeans rather than having to peal them on and off. The length of the croth is better on them which i like to

Joshie 05-29-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackInTheSaddleAgain (Post 317125)
I'm 6'1" tall and have a heck of a time finding jeans (or any pants for that matter) that are long enough for me. Does anyone know where I can find good, tall riding jeans?

Learn to sew.

QtrHorse 05-30-2009 04:33 AM

Check out Sheplers. They carry a wide variety of brands and sizes. I love the Wrangler Aura brand (there is a tall size too). I've had great customer service and they have quick ordering.
Western Wear, Cowboy Boots, Wrangler Jeans, Levis Jeans, Justin Boots, Ariat Boots, Cowboy Hats, Work Boots, and Minnetonka Moccasins by Sheplers

smrobs 05-30-2009 04:48 AM

I agree with men's wranglers. Though you may be able to find fitted women's on the internet. Are you fairly thin? The longest jeans that I have found in the store in a size 5/6 is a 36 inch inseam (woman's jeans). My brother is really skinny and tall 6'3" . He wears "cowboy cut" wranglers with a 30" waist and a 38" inseam. That should be tall enough for you. I am not sure but I think that you can get them in either slim or relaxed fit, whichever you prefer.

Of course, I don't know much about other types of jeans because I have always worn Wranglers and love them. Plus, they are more reasonably priced here than other well known brands like Lawman or Cruel girl.

BackInTheSaddleAgain 05-30-2009 07:16 AM

hardy har-har. Carrot up your butt?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshie (Post 317375)
Learn to sew.

Joshie 05-30-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackInTheSaddleAgain (Post 317484)
hardy har-har. Carrot up your butt?

I'm serious. I've got opposite problem. I'm short. Sewing helps. Also my daughter is very difficult to fit. Sometimes sewing is the best choice for fit.