The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   How much would you pay? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/how-much-would-you-pay-286706/)

BridlesandBowties 10-01-2013 08:07 PM

How much would you pay?

Going to be selling my mare. We just don't get along and I need a less green ride. How much would you pay?

http://i42.tinypic.com/n5ovis.jpg

Looked online at similar horses and they went for 800-1000. Figured I'd see what everyone thought!

Registered name: Miss Rawhide Classic
Dam: Not Quite April
Sire: Premium Classic Gold
Bolt pedigrees available on the all breed pedigree.
Doc Bar in her.
Dappled buckskin w/white star
15hh
6y/o

Beautiful dapple buckskin AQHA registered mare. She stands at 15hh and is built like a star. Long black main and tail, with a white star on her forehead. She has a sweet face and an equally sweet personality. Easy to catch, she'll walk right up to you and give you a sweet whinny when you arrive. She is green broke, never offered to buck or roll, just needs some miles. I've been on her and I'm slightly a over beginner. She previously had been trained western, but when the lady I bought her from got her about eight months ago, she bought her to walk like a dog. She is a bit pushy and needs a refresher as far as ground work goes, but nothing an experienced horse person can't correct. She would make a great brood mare, trail horse, or really any direction you wanted to take her! She was previously trained liberty, though I am now training her away from that as a personal preference. She will follow you like a dog and is aware of your body language, though she is young and gets distracted ;) nothing a little "hey!" Can't fix!

DuckDodgers 10-01-2013 08:39 PM

Since she's so green and hasn't been trained to do any discipline specifically, as a buyer $800 would probably be pushing it. When you say she has been trained "western", I assume that you mean that her training has been mostly consisting of just w/t/c along in a western saddle. She's young and a very lovely mare, but you can find plenty of young, lovely, more advanced in training horses for a similar price that don't have ground issues. Your market may be different, but that's how I see things here.

BarrelRacer23 10-01-2013 08:44 PM

Depends on where your from really. Here you could get 800-1000 out of her. If she were mine I'd price her at 1,000 and take 800 for her.
Posted via Mobile Device

JulieG 10-01-2013 09:11 PM

Like others mentioned it really depends on your location.

I wish you were closer, she's gorgeous!

Viranh 10-01-2013 09:16 PM

That's tough. My mare is much more trained and steady, registered with similar quality breeding,and I paid less than $1000 for her, so I'd expect to pay less for an inexperienced horse. I see horses just like her going for $500 all the time, but the market for green horses sucks spectacularly here. Everybody and their brother has some nice horses that they just didn't have time to ride and now don't have money to feed. Look at ads in your area for green horses as a reference. Some places her registration and color would bump the price a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

DuckDodgers 10-01-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viranh (Post 3772194)
That's tough. My mare is much more trained and steady, registered with similar quality breeding,and I paid less than $1000 for her, so I'd expect to pay less for an inexperienced horse. I see horses just like her going for $500 all the time, but the market for green horses sucks spectacularly here. Everybody and their brother has some nice horses that they just didn't have time to ride and now don't have money to feed. Look at ads in your area for green horses as a reference. Some places her registration and color would bump the price a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Those are two things that she has going in her favor. Her registration/color doesn't make her more valuable, but someone would quite likely choose her over an equivalent horse because of registration/color. I guess my advice would be to see what other green horses are selling for, price her, and lower the price for the right home if necessary.