The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   English Riders; You helped me without me asking haha! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/english-riders%3B-you-helped-me-without-28710/)

Trinity 05-30-2009 08:27 PM

English Riders; You helped me without me asking haha!

Im just saying thank you to all you english riders lol.
Im happy I went through your guys' threads about position and riding in an english saddle, because I went to my job at the museum completly un aware that we ride in english saddles, not western, SO! I remembered what you guys said about your postion (heals down, thumbs up basically), and the instructor said I had an AMAZING postion, and really soft hands, so they are putting me on the brand new horse, Roxie.
I havent ridden english in 10 years, and even then I basically was just led around sitting in a saddle, and today I walked trotted and cantered, all on my first time, and I was told I looked amazing haha, so thank you to all your english riders, I didnt ask for help, but I still got it from reading your threads!

(maybe I can get dad to make a video, and take some pictures sometime [remember, if I look kindof bad, Im just learning! lol] and I will show you guys :D)

Jillyann 05-30-2009 09:55 PM

Awh, thats really awesome to hear. GOOD JOB!
This forum has definitely taught me a lot as well!

Trinity 05-31-2009 09:39 PM

Thank God I decided to check in with English riding, never knew when I would need it haha, and I acctually realise Im better at english then western riding. I have a lot more confidence. I hate loping in a western saddle, but in english I had a lot better balance.

MIEventer 05-31-2009 09:41 PM

Good job and great to hear! I look forward to piccies or vids! Ride on!

NorthernMama 05-31-2009 10:26 PM

Yes, I agree -- this is a wonderful place to learn. Congratulations on your riding!

Trinity 05-31-2009 10:40 PM

Thanks so much!
Its a lot of fun haha

Trinity 06-04-2009 12:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I changed mounts, I didnt feel comfortable on Roxie, and I liked Doc better, SO I got Doc! Hes one of the biggest horses in the ride, and Jack I think is second biggest. And, I was leading the group that day around the corral, I was standing there waiting for them haha.
I also have some pictures to post to.
They arent good, they were taken on my dads camera phone. Next time I will have him bring his camera and take a video :)
My position isnt that good in the pictures. My boots kept sliding, and Doc isnt the smoothest horse in the world, but hey, give me a break, its my third day in an english saddle and I think Im doing good. I can canter and keep my bum in the saddle now, so theres an accomplishment all in itself :P

standing, and showing off for the camera
Attachment 7549

cantering
Attachment 7550

trotting (he has THE WORST TROT! lol)
Attachment 7551

Hope you liked them :)

Nutty Saddler 06-04-2009 12:41 PM

I've been riding english for 24 years , and if you tried riding like me you would have probably fallen off !

One word of warning - don't listen to anything I say - except to take note of the others on here that know what they are talking about MIEventer for example !

Trinity 06-04-2009 12:43 PM

hahaha!
Thanks for the warning :P

Nutty Saddler 06-04-2009 12:49 PM

Been rodeoed off twice , bucked off twice , had a horse dissapear from underneath me cause it sidestepped at full gallop , fell into a ditch cause I wasn't looking where I was going and come off more times than I care to mention showjumping !