The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   M.t.g? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/m-t-g-287290/)

Nattatonka 10-02-2013 06:19 PM

M.t.g?

I just bought M.T.G for our horses mane and tail growth and hair growth on their bodies. I just want to know if it's as good as they say. I'm worried about a reaction. I have a Paint horse and my Dad has a Morgan horse. Does it matter the breed? Is a reaction more or less likely to happen?
Posted via Mobile Device

waresbear 10-02-2013 06:32 PM

It stinks!!!! I never used it on a horse for any length of time but the smell is so nasty!!

Nattatonka 10-02-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 3779330)
It stinks!!!! I never used it on a horse for any length of time but the smell is so nasty!!

It does smell but that doesn't bother me really. But I know what you mean.
Posted via Mobile Device

corgi 10-02-2013 06:38 PM

It has always worked really well on my horse with no reaction. I make sure to wear gloves when applying because it reeks!

Freemare 10-02-2013 07:08 PM

My horse had a bad reaction to it. His pulled off hair on his legs. Around his tail head and along with his mane. It was bad. It made his hair grow back funny for months. I will never use the stuff again. If I want a long mane and tail. I start with good food.

gssw5 10-02-2013 08:08 PM

I have used it few times for various reasons not for mane and tail growth. It does smell really bad. The only precaution I have is do not use it on pink skin areas it will cause them to sunburn because it is mainly oils.

TimeFlys 10-02-2013 08:15 PM

Used it for a tail fungus on one of my mares and it worked great. The smell reminds of wet burnt wood like after a campfire is put out.

Used it for rain rot too and it worked great. gsww5 is correct look out for white areas.

MAG1723 10-02-2013 10:40 PM

I have never used it, but my Aunt used it for her horses rain rot and she loves it!

bjb 10-02-2013 11:04 PM

I use it for fungal issues such as rain rot or scratches but I would never use it for mane and tail because it is so smelly and greasy! It does work well for the fungal issues though! I keep some on hand just in case. What's wrong with your horses mane and tail? It wont help thicken already existing hair, only genetics can factor there. I imagine if your horse is missing chunks of hair it may help grow faster but that's the extent

KatieQ 10-03-2013 09:35 AM

My horse also had a bad reaction to it (allergy?) It appeared to burn his skin, it became all blistered and oozing, especially along his neck under his mane. I will never go near the stuff again.