The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   A day of rise and falls(literally!) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/day-rise-falls-literally-28749/)

StormyBlues 05-31-2009 11:39 AM

A day of rise and falls(literally!)

Well my first show in like 5 years was yesterday, and we had a great-bad-great day. We had 1st in dressage and I was so happpy! But on XC I fell on jump 3. :cry: So I was eleminated, but everyone but one person was elemnated on the XC! I still got to do my SJ round and went clean with a nice time, so we ended on a good note. I plan on going and schooling XC about once a month and getting dressage lessons so I can so win it in the fall!

MIEventer 05-31-2009 11:43 AM

We all have to have bad days to give us great days. Sorry about your fall. I've had my share, but from those you learn to sit deep, tall with solid legs - so you have to be thankful for the mistakes to teach you.

I hope you got pictures or vids!

StormyBlues 05-31-2009 11:58 AM

^yea, unforch I think they got my horrible XC round! And I don't think it was my position, it was that Blue had never seen a jump like it,

MIEventer 05-31-2009 04:08 PM

99% of errors is rider.

StormyBlues 05-31-2009 06:37 PM

Yes, but both my trainer and my mom said that some of the blame in this part was Blue, it wasn't all my fault.

eventerdrew 05-31-2009 08:21 PM

not trying to be mean but it's bad sportsmanship to blame a fall on the horse.

farmpony84 05-31-2009 08:39 PM

...naughty girl blaming the horse like that! It's usually more rider error then bad pony error.... tsk-tsk! I'm glad you ended on a good note... I was opposite, the dressage test was always the worst score and then cross country always put me back in the running... show jumping was the make or break to put me back in the ribbons....

StormyBlues 05-31-2009 08:58 PM

Ummm, Thanks for your imput, I do belive that most falls and such are rider error, and this was partly my fault for not riding aggressavly enough, but she also refused because she wasn't trained engough, but she does know how to jump a solid oxer, and my trainer and I both belive that is was 50% me 50% her.

MIEventer 05-31-2009 09:28 PM

If she refused the jump because she never faced an obsticle of that sort - then it was your fault for her being unprepared.

Never blame the horse.

StormyBlues 05-31-2009 09:44 PM

I think I will consider my trainer's words and advice alot more than others, I trust her alot more