The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   How much do you pay for board? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/how-much-do-you-pay-board-28754/)

PersonalAwe1084 05-31-2009 02:01 PM

How much do you pay for board?

During the summer I pay $175/month for full-time pasture board, and during the winter both of my horses get 12x24 box stalls with two hours of pasture time for $275/month.

How much do YOU pay, and for what???

spazzattack 05-31-2009 03:08 PM

Moving to a new stable that's $350 a month for two indoor arenas, two outdoor (they're building a third one) and a 10x12 box stall. :)

MoonlightEm 05-31-2009 03:57 PM

I pay $800 a month in Massachusetts. Coverall indoor and two outside rings.

Jillyann 05-31-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonlightEm (Post 318218)
I pay $800 a month in Massachusetts. Coverall indoor and two outside rings.

Holy crap! thats my mortgage payment. haha:lol:

Barrelracer Up 05-31-2009 04:23 PM

I pay $175 per horse for pasture board with plenty of hay and feed, use of tack room, facilities, and trailer parking. They also keep a very close eye on my guys and will even do little things like fly spray them if my spray has worn off prior to my getting back out there. Very good at giving my updates on how they are doing, when the vet and farrier will be out and I am much more confident with the care of my guys than I was at the facility I just left.

I was appalled at how skinny my horses got after they dropped hay bellies.....they looked OK (typical pasture condition) and then when they dropped the hay belly........ughhhh! They were on rolls of coastal and given Triple Crown senior (good feed) but only at a lb Am/PM until March, then they got - wait for it - whoo hoo 2 lb AM/PM. My colt was moved from the pasture into a tiny paddock in March and went to twice daily(so they said) tossed hay, my filly was moved to the front pasture and when the last roll was ate, she had to fight over twice daily (so they said) hay tossed in pasture (no grass) with 4 or more other horses, and I took my barrel horse to a NBHA SuperShow in FL and was shocked at his condition when I got to the show. This was a seasoned barrel horse that I have hauled to several Big shows, including ones out of state. And the gall the BM had to tell me they looked fine!! Sorry for the vent. I know how my horses should look and I know they shouldn't tuck up and show ribs when they are off of hay for half a day or hauled 4 hours in a trailer. The pic of my colt in my avatar was taken 3 days after the move.
I was paying $600 a month for 3 horses at the previous facility.

LuckyLady 06-01-2009 02:03 AM

I pay 220€/month including basically everything you can think of: 3mx4m box, all day pasture/paddock, hay, muesli and pellets, cleaning, 20mx40m outdoor arena, there's always someone there when the vet or farrier comes.

mom2pride 06-08-2009 12:27 AM

I pay 165$ per month; it's pasture board, but the owners are fabulous. Each horse gets daily interaction, even if it's just a quick 'once over', to make sure they are okay.

rider4life422 06-08-2009 01:24 AM

$850 a month for stall, feed 3xdaily, hay 4xdaily, tack room, groom (amazing groom, washes horses when he brings then in, gets you whatever you need without even asking), turnout, dressage ring with jumps we have to set up and take down if we wanna jump, anything else in full board.... fans etc. Really expensive but thats about the going rate in south florida

Angel_Leaguer 06-09-2009 04:23 PM

I dont pay anything. It used to be $200 a month for a 12x12 stall, outdoor arena, trailer parking, lockable tack area, private turnout, hay twice a day, and grain once a day. I now work it off- My BO has been fighting cancer so all winter it was 3-4 times a week cleaning and chores along with working with her horses. Now she can do some of the work so Im able to ride a bit more but my BF and I cleaned the turnouts and do other fixing ups around the place. I will pick stalls and feed when Im there as well (help out were I can). Im currently the only boarder and she has two horses and 3 minis.

jackieboy2 06-09-2009 05:03 PM

It's so interesting how different rates can be in different parts of the country. My horses live with me, but we have a few boarders. $250 a month for full, $150 for rough board. It's a small private barn, one out door arena, and trails. It's a little below the bigger barns here in Vermont. I'd say average is $350ish for inside board in my area.