The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Wiski, a lot can change in three months. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/wiski-lot-can-change-three-months-28761/)

manhirwen 05-31-2009 02:21 PM

Wiski, a lot can change in three months.

8 Attachment(s)
I bought Wiski the 14 year old BLM mustang on 2/15/09. Partly because he seemed sweet and smart and partly because I lacked experience in looking at horses... When I got him he was pretty thin and I've been trying to put some weight on him since. At the new barn, they are giving him about 5 flakes of alfalfa/grass hay every day and it's done a lot of good on him... He's also slowly building a little muscle here and there. I just thought I'd post some before and after pics of the three months I've had him.

The first three are from the first week I had him.. Looking back he was SKINNY!!!!

The rest are from last week. He's still pretty ribby but he's eating a lot and getting exercised. I think he looks better. Let me know what you think. And if you have any ideas I could build some more muscle on him aside from lunging let me know! Right now we only lunge at w/t.

manhirwen 05-31-2009 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost forgot the cute pic of his bath recently!

free_sprtd 05-31-2009 07:10 PM

WOW JUST WOW. He is looking gorgeous!!!! Great job, looks like you've been a great parent. I love him he's so gorgeous

PaintedHooves 05-31-2009 09:39 PM

Wow...That is simply amazing! Wiski is so lucky to have you as his owner. What a handsome boy! :D

lb_cake 05-31-2009 10:33 PM

He looks GREAT!

Lonestar22 06-02-2009 01:06 AM

he looks alot better. also he's got dapples now which is a sign of a heathly horse.

BackInTheSaddleAgain 06-02-2009 02:21 AM

I love seeing these before and after pics.. She looks like a different horse!

manhirwen 06-02-2009 12:33 PM

I didn't know that dapples were a sign of a healthy horse... But I'm glad someone else noticed them because I keep wondering if I'm imagining them.

AussieDaisyGirl 06-02-2009 04:39 PM

He looks amazing! Awesome work!!!!

gabrielstriumph 06-02-2009 08:42 PM

He's looking terrific. His dapples are so cute, I love dapples.
As far as trying to get him to pick up some more muscle, if you have any hills on your property, lunge him on the hill, so he's working a tad bit harder. Or you could simply walk and trot him by hand up and down the hill. That will work wonders. Good luck! :)