The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Good value? What service should I choose? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/good-value-what-service-should-i-28804/)

DarkEquine 06-01-2009 06:53 AM

Good value? What service should I choose?

I'm considering this equestrian centre for my eventual new horse...is this good value?

Agistment Type
Price Per Week (inc. GST)
Unserviced Mob

$50.00
Unserviced Private Paddock without shelter

$65.00
Unserviced Private Paddock with shelter

$90.00
Serviced/Private Paddock without shelter
Includes hay, 2 x Standard feeds* and Rugs on/off (as required)
$120.00
Serviced/Private Paddock with shelter
Includes hay, 2 x Standard feeds* and Rugs on/off (as required)
$140.00
Serviced Stable
Includes Muck out, horse taken in/out, hay, 2 x Standard feeds* and Rugs on/off (as required)

$200.00
* Standard feed as per ORS feed table. Any extra feed required will be charged at cost price.
Other Services:

Worming (excluding cost of paste)

$5.00
In/Out for Farrier/Vet/Dentist

$10.00
Rugging unserviced per day (at ORS discretion)

$10.00
Paddock Pick-Up

$15.00/week

What service should I choose? Here are the facilities available:

School Facilities: Indoor Riding Arena (75m x 35m) Outdoor Riding Arena (70m x 30m)
Under-Cover Stable Complex (15 Stables, Wash Bays, Tie Up Stalls)
Large Club Room - Ideal function area (available for hire to approved groups) Selection of Cross-Country Fences
What do you think?

QtrHorse 06-02-2009 02:01 PM

It depends on if you have the personal time and desire to contribute to the daily care and well being of your horse. To muck or not to muck....Is that your question? :)
Seriously it depends on what you want to do and what you want to pay to have done. I am a BO and I offer full client services without service options. If you can afford it and the facility provides you and your horse with good services, I would select the best care option I could afford so that I could maximize the pleasure time that I get to spend with me horse.
The only area I would particularily check into are the arena availability times. I have spoken with a lot of folks who get into a big facility only to find the arena/s is/are occupied with lessons or training sessions during the time they would like to use it. The facility should have a weekly scheduled posted that you can review.
Sounds like a great place. Godd luck.