The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   The Vent Thread! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/vent-thread-28864/)

ridingismylife2 06-02-2009 07:00 AM

The Vent Thread!

A thread where you can vent if you need to. I didn't see any on here. So to my fellow grouches, vent away!

*got idea from another forum*

My vent of the day:
It looks like I won't be having any riding lessons this summer! :'( (10 weeks)
I'm soooooo sad!
i really don't think my parents understand how important riding is to me.
I would pay it myself but I'm broke and can't get a job here cuz i suck at Finnish.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
+ I have a bad sunburn on my back, one arm xD , and on back of my legs. I have the worst tan lines ever! :shock::lol:
AND I need a new laptop but don't have the money to buy one :(

Walkamile 06-02-2009 08:55 AM

Okay here's mine. Found out last night that the 3 day riding trip that was planned for June in Arcadia Park has to be cancelled. This after it had already been reschedualed because of some mix up for camping spaces. Because I am self employed, I've lost money because of the scheduale changes and now I'm P----D to the highest degree. Haven't taken any time off in 13 years and probably won't again after this fiasco!

Nope, don't feel any better, guess that's why I usually don't rant. :lol:

Thanks for reading.

ridingismylife2 06-02-2009 09:03 AM

that sucks! :( I hate it when something like that happens.

smrobs 06-02-2009 09:13 AM

I don't want to be left out.

I have to go back to work tomorrow to a job that I absolutely despise but I can't find another one due to the job market sucks here. I hate going to work because the administration gives us absolutely no support and we have zero control over the offenders. (I am an officer at a prison by the way). Imagine trying to deal with 1700 full grown spoiled children that have already been convicted of at least one felony. They are given everything they want and if they don't get their way, all they have to do is throw a hissy fit, riot, and then the warden and he basically says "Oh, honey, that's okay. I'll make everything all right................Here, let me put a little more powder on your butt before I put your diaper back on" }:( It makes me so mad. And then they completely undermine our authority. I try to make the inmates follow the rules and when they don't, I write them a disciplinary only to have it dismissed by the stupid warden because the inmate makes up some bulls**t sob story to tell him.

Now I find out that Dobe has started developing melanomas. It just all seems kinda bad right now. :(

Sorry for the novel and thank you for allowing me to vent (even if no one has a clue what I'm talking about. LOL :)

I am with you Walka, I don't feel any better either.

eventerdrew 06-02-2009 02:56 PM

beware.. this will be in all caps

STOP FIGHTING WITH ME OVER WHETHER MY HORSE IS A WARMBLOOD OR NOT! IT'S ANNOYING AND I DON'T CARE!

My horse won't pick up her right lead canter without bucking...grrr

ahhh... that feels better :)

great thread!

eventerdrew 06-03-2009 12:16 AM

bump...

TaMMa89 06-04-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridingismylife2 (Post 319271)

i really don't think my parents understand how important riding is to me.
I would pay it myself but I'm broke and can't get a job here cuz i suck at Finnish.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I think there should be jobs that you can have even without language skills, especially in the capital area. Do you have any strawberry patch or something like that over there? I worked at a strawberry patch around a week in the last summer and most of my co-workers didn't speak Finnish (except some of them knew few words).

And if you haven't had money for lessons do you have considered "leasing" a horse? I'm sure there are lot of owners who need help with their horses and don't mind about your language skills if you're otherwise nice & faithful person.

And now my rant: Seems that my parents still think I'm a little little girl. Sometimes I just would want to yell at them that I'm almost 20 and even if I usually listen their advices I'm still capable to decide about my issues myself and it's only me, myself & I who does "the last" decision.

ridingismylife2 06-04-2009 12:48 PM

^^^
The problem with strawberry picking places is that they are quit far away and I would need a ride there...and well, we won't have a car at all soon.
And leasing won't really fix it cuz it's not exactly cheap to lease a hores :(

My Vent of the day:
My best friend is going to Canada for the WHOLE summer holiday tomorrow!
While she's having the time of her life, I'm stuck in this freaking booring country with nothing to do at all!
great!

Last summer was the same. She left a week after school ended and came back on the same day as school started! :/

TaMMa89 06-04-2009 02:06 PM

Oh... sorry I explained it pretty vague way I think.

I meant if there's people who let you ride free of charge or if you do some stable chores etc for it.

ridingismylife2 06-06-2009 11:11 AM

I hate moving :/