What do you think the baby is?
I'm going for my big ultrasound today and we're going to find out the sex of the baby, but I thought it would be fun to see what everyone thought it would be before I say anything.
This is my most recent bump picture
I have a feeling the baby is a girl.
I vote Boy ;)
I think that if it's not a girl, as you suspect, it'll be a boy. :lol:
well the tech said yesterday the baby's a boy. Looks like I was wrong
Old Wives Tales
What did they do before they invented ultrasound?
Here's some old wive's tales that are suppose to determine the sex of your baby.
How they came up with these ideas, I do not know, but they have been passed down from grandmas to moms for generations.
1. Gold ring baby test - Thread a needle or a gold ring, hold it over the unborn child. If it spins, the baby is a girl, if it swings the baby is a boy. (Also this has been used on me by my aunts, but they tested the underside of my wrist.)
2. If you have lots of morning sickness, then it's a boy.
3. If the baby is very active and kicks a lot, it's a boy.
4. If the mother is carrying the baby low it's a boy, high it's a girl.
5. If the mother's stomach appears to be small for the stage that she's at, the baby is a girl, if large it's a boy.
6. If the mother's face is tight and drawn, it's a boy; if her face is soft and glowing, it's a girl.
7. If the mother gains lots of weight early in her pregnancy, it's a girl.
8. If her right eye and breast are enlarged, it's a boy.
9. If the mother is sick during her first trimester, it's a girl, if the husband is sick, it's a boy.
10. If the baby's heartbeat is more than 140 beats per minute, it's a girl, less, it's a boy.
1.Just did the ring test. it was swinging
2.I did have lots of m/s (and nighttime sickness)
3.The baby is definitely very active and kicks quite a bit
4. The baby's still far down, but i dont know if i'm carrying low or high. I guess I'm carrying low?
5. Compared to other mothers around the same stage as I am at, I'm kind of small, though my midwife hasn't said I'm large/small for this stage.
6. I'll ask Tom when he gets home tonight.
7. I've gained weight, but dont know if its considered a lot of weight. (gained 4 pounds in 1 month)
8. Haven't noticed, though I think Tom said once that my one eye was bigger than the other.
9.Tom was sick for a few days in my first trimester.
10. At my last midwife appointment the HB was 155, yesterday it was either 148 or 145.
Even if 5-7 were girl, the boy's would have 2 over the girl. Hmmmm
2) I puked my guts continually with my son.
3) Both of my kids kicked like crazy. My daughter, if she had been born at term, would have bruised me. You could see my belly move under my shirt at 20-21 weeks.
4) My daughter was carried very low. I don't remember about my boy.
5) You couldn't tell I was pregnant with my son until I was almost 6 months along. I showed with my daughter at 2-3 months.
6) I swelled up like a balloon with my son. Did the same with my daughter.
7) I gained 55 lbs (towards the end) with my son. Lost 15 lbs early in pregnancy with my daughter.
9) I was so sick with my son in first trimester that I couldn't brush my teeth until about 2 pm.
8 and 10) I don't remember.
I think these Old Wives' Tales keep going is that they are correct about 50% of the time.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.