The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Sponsorship Questions? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/sponsorship-questions-288874/)

wolfcoe 10-05-2013 06:26 PM

Sponsorship Questions?

I have several questions about horse rider sponsorships i'd like to ask about.. I have two horses that I'm going to start showing.. however I don't have a lot of extra money and I would like to have help I guess... So basically what I'm saying is I would like more information to it..
1. Horse rider sponsorships in general? Like how do you get one? Asking around helps but what else can you do?
2. Will they sponsor the individual rider and not just the horse? Since I have two horses I would like to know more information on that...
3. What all do they pay for/ help out with? In exchange of course I'll advertise any product but what do I get in exchange for that I guess? Haha
4. How will I acknowledge the sponsor?
5. How much money will it be?
6. What are all the forms and paperwork that will need to be filled out as well with contracts?
7. Any liability waivers?
8. Any insurance business that I'd need to know about?

Thanks! Any answers are appreciated even if they don't answer all the questions :)

Kayty 10-05-2013 06:57 PM

Are you am accomplished competitor?
Businesses don't just sponsor someone because they don't have the money to compete. There needs to be something in it for the sponsor. They want their business name put out there to be seen on combinations that are consistently in the top placings at rated shows/competitions.

Sponsorship is a two way street, a business deal. Not a charity.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kayty 10-05-2013 07:01 PM

In regards to your specific questions, that is all relative to the sponsor. Some may reimburse you with a monetary amount, others will provide products or discounts for products that they produce.
To find a sponsor you need to 'sell yourself' much like applying for a job, you need to tell them why supporting YOU is beneficial for them. Simply putting one of their posters up is not good enough. They need to make money out of the deal by increased clientele.
Often if you are good enough and doing very well, sponsors will approach you rather than having to go chasing them.
Posted via Mobile Device

wolfcoe 10-05-2013 07:08 PM

Thank you for the response!!
Actually I had someone about to start sponsoring me who owns a small business but I have no clue if that's still going to happen. But yes the last show I was in I had a relatively nice score. I understand its not a charity, I just think it would help out :). Thanks!

Kayty 10-05-2013 07:34 PM

Small businesses can be a little more lenient especially if they need a larger client base - however don't expect to gain a great deal of product or finances from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marygirl 10-16-2013 07:40 AM

I think aswell that you have to compete at high level to get a sponsor.. I'm not a star rider and I just have a sponsor because we own the company :)

RedTree 10-16-2013 08:20 AM

Depends in what the company is that's sponsoring you.

Say there a horse rug company, you may just get free rugs when ever you need them?
Or a horse food company, they may just supply you with food instead of money...

I'm not to sure as I've never been sponsored before, but that would make sense to me...