The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Ribbons? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/ribbons-289650/)

howrsegirl123 10-07-2013 12:05 AM

Ribbons?

Might be a stupid question, but do you win ribbons at low level AQHA shows?
Posted via Mobile Device

oh vair oh 10-07-2013 09:35 AM

How many judges will they have?

It all depends on how good the club is. Sometimes you get a ribbon for the combined score of your judges, sometimes they have little ribbons in the office for each judge's score, and sometimes you just get points. But lately the trend to keep things "moving" along is that they have the ribbons in the show office and you go get your own instead of giving them to you in the arena. Most seasoned breed show people are not into "ribbons", and the show management may reflect this. However, I always go pick up my blue ribbons :3

howrsegirl123 10-09-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh vair oh (Post 3811385)
How many judges will they have?

It all depends on how good the club is. Sometimes you get a ribbon for the combined score of your judges, sometimes they have little ribbons in the office for each judge's score, and sometimes you just get points. But lately the trend to keep things "moving" along is that they have the ribbons in the show office and you go get your own instead of giving them to you in the arena. Most seasoned breed show people are not into "ribbons", and the show management may reflect this. However, I always go pick up my blue ribbons :3

But they do offer them?
Posted via Mobile Device

Zexious 10-09-2013 02:32 PM

^Some do, some don't.

spurstop 10-13-2013 05:08 PM

Per AQHA rules, shows are required to have awards (ribbons). Most shows do not present them in the arena, and you have to pick them up from the show office if you want them.