The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Custom Rocking R (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/custom-rocking-r-289929/)

churumbeque 10-07-2013 08:05 PM

Custom Rocking R

Looking for info on these saddles. Not mush online about them. I am trying to find a nice show/pleasure western saddle for a Friesian. This one has a custom tree for Friesians.

TackJack 10-08-2013 10:15 AM

Have you talked to Rocking R? Here is their website: Equitation - Rocking R Saddlery

Maybe see what they have to say and what dealer to contact.

churumbeque 10-08-2013 01:12 PM

I have contacted them but they have not responded yet . but of course they're trying to sell me something I would like to talk to people that have had their product .
Posted via Mobile Device

Pambam 10-08-2013 02:38 PM

Contact horsesaddleshop.com, they are very helpful and will answer any questions you have:)

These saddles come highly recommended from many people I know, they are also hard to pick up used so I'm assuming people hang onto them!

I'm looking at one myself too, so hard to get a narrow twist to fit my horse used, at least rocking r will customise them to what you want and need:)

tbcrazy 10-11-2013 11:42 PM

I've got a training saddle made by them- I LOVE it. It's 7 years old now and has held up to me beating the crap out of it riding 5+ days a week. Fits most everything I put it on, super comfy, love that it's made in the US :)

SouthernTrails 10-12-2013 01:05 AM

Here are some reviews on them Trail Saddles

Saddlebag 10-12-2013 05:45 PM

Since there are no prices and little info I'm wondering if they are wholesaling these saddles to retailers.

SouthernTrails 10-12-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 3851809)
Since there are no prices and little info I'm wondering if they are wholesaling these saddles to retailers.

Yes, Rocking R only sells to Dealers, they still should have returned the call........

franknbeans 10-12-2013 05:52 PM

I LOVED my Rocking R reining saddle. Found it hard to let it go, and was only replaced by a Bob's Custom. They are wonderful saddles, middle of the line price wise. I can only speak about the reiners-and they run about $11-1200 new, I believe. I have no idea how much a custom one might run.

Rocking R also makes some under another brand for some saddlerys who want their "own" brand. IE-Stagecoach West In NY carries Bar J. Made by Rocking R. That was how I found out about them.

maryalice 12-04-2013 03:01 PM

yes!

I absolutely LOVE Rocking R Saddles! I have ridden probably 20+ of their saddles, and they are super comfortable and worth the money. They sell to dealers, but they are very helpful to anyone who wants to call. I have visited their workshop. Very nice people, I would definitely suggest it!