The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   How Busy Is YOUR Show Scedual (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/how-busy-your-show-scedual-29047/)

Dartanion 06-05-2009 02:25 PM

How Busy Is YOUR Show Scedual

Just wanted to see how much showing everyone has planned for this summer. After you vote feel free to post the shows if you like! I am also going to post mine on the forums cally, I have also made it a personal goal to wish everyone luck the day before their shows in some way shape or form :D.

My Shows:
June 14th - show #3 of CSHA Region 18 buckle Series
June 19th - Shasta Fair Hunter show

June 26th - WSS Hunter Show
June 28th - Final show of CSHA Region2 buckle Series (awards given after show)

July 10th - SVQHA show #1 of buckle series
July 12th - Show #4 of CSHA Region 18 buckle Series
July 24th - SVQHA Show #2 of buckle series
July 31st - WSS Hunter Show

August 7th - Final SVQHA buckle series show
August 9th - Final CSHA region 18 buckle series show

Then the CSHA State Show of Champions will be some time in October. Where I will compete for Overall Champion (we will compete in Hunter, Jumpers, and flat work) along with Horsemastership where I will preform a medal pattern, a flat pattern, a written exam, and a grooming exam. So yeah busy busy busy.

IrishRider 06-05-2009 04:29 PM

Our show season starts in April so I already have two under my belt for the year.

April - Spring Fling Show
May - Sandia Classic (A rated)
August 20-23 - Beach Party show
September 10-13- State Fair show
October 8-11 - Harvest Festival show

o0hawaiigirl0o 06-05-2009 04:46 PM

Well, we show year-round here and there's only two dressage shows a year. :P So two for me.

Dartanion 06-05-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishRider (Post 321670)
Our show season starts in April so I already have two under my belt for the year.

Yeah it's crazy we start in January and normally show year round if there are good shows going on. We started with the NCAA buckle series for January, Feb, and March and then in March and Region 2 buckle series started and in April the Region 18 series started.

Royal Affair 06-06-2009 09:48 PM

I think i have about 5 between now and December, dressage isn't to big around here.

upnover 06-06-2009 11:51 PM

Pretty busy! Today was the 6th show of the year so far and I have about 14 more to go! (last one is end of November. Brr)

irishrider- was the sandia classic you went to in may the one in Albuquerque? i thought about going!! but the horse i'd be showing is still a little green and i didn't think it'd be worth the money or the long haul just for the 'experience'! i heard it was a really small show!

jacksmom 06-06-2009 11:56 PM

june 13 local
june 14 4-H show
june 28 localish

july 16 -18 QH&open show [4-H]
july 28-august 3rd regionals arab.

after that i have no clue.
this isn't including potential hunter/jumper shows.
oh and theres a qualifier in there somewhere too i know i forgot.

Mira 06-07-2009 09:03 PM

June 21st - TCHA
July 4-5th - Lake States
July 18th - 4-H show
July 19th - TCHA
July 26-30th - County Fair
August 2nd - State 4-H Show (First year going! :) Still have one more qualifying show but I have gotten enough points in the other two that I think it is safe to say I am going :D )
August 22nd - Lake States or ShoMe the Money
August 23rd - TCHA
September 26-27 - Michigan Apple Blossom Classic
aaaand last but not least....!
October 1-4th - All American Buckskin Congress! Will be the biggest show of my life lol

PoptartShop 06-08-2009 02:59 PM

Starting in June, I have about 4-6 this summer...going into August, so probably 7.

IrishRider 06-08-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnover (Post 322413)
Pretty busy! Today was the 6th show of the year so far and I have about 14 more to go! (last one is end of November. Brr)

irishrider- was the sandia classic you went to in may the one in Albuquerque? i thought about going!! but the horse i'd be showing is still a little green and i didn't think it'd be worth the money or the long haul just for the 'experience'! i heard it was a really small show!

Yes, it was the one in Albuquerque. Where would you have been coming from?

Sadly, it was much smaller than it has been in year's past. Much smaller. And this is the most expensive show in Albuquerque of the year and they used to have fantastic prizes and this year was terrible. I know the economy is down and I'm sure the show organizers were feeling it too but the prizes were terrible. I had a great time and we did really well but I can't say that it was worth the money. Which makes me sad because we need a good A rated show here. I hope next year is better.