The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   So, so, so, so, so, so.. SO PROUD! =D (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/so-so-so-so-so-so-29090/)

IheartPheobe 06-06-2009 02:57 PM

So, so, so, so, so, so.. SO PROUD! =D

A little backround, before I start; I rode Gonzo a while ago during the winter. He threw me and I only trotted him for the rest of the lesson because frankly, he scared me. I rode him again and he threw me twice. Still terrified, didn't canter. He's just really spooky and I was too scared to help him through it.
Caroline had me ride him today and told me I HAD to canter him. She's a little pushy, and it really bothered me.
Before we cantered, we jumped, and it was GREAT! The pony barely jumps at all, usually spooks when he sees a crossrail.. and he jumped it three times, only one refusal which was my fault! I was SO proud!
And then later, we cantered and he was AMAZING! Really fast but smooth and he was controlled, trusting me. I realized I just have to calm down and he's great, just needs a confident rider! I am in love with this pony, and can't stop thanking Caroline for making me give him a chance. Yes, I might seem like I'm freaking out but I'm SO happy! =] And then, after that.. he usually spooks if I move my feet around, because he doesn't like leg. I cantered him again and he was letting me squeeze, and even give a little kick without spooking [no, i wasn't kicking him just to train him, don't worry. he wouldn't go] and then, i took my feet out of the stirrups and he didn't spook at all!!!
By far the best lesson EVER. =] I just feel like Gonzo & I have accomplished so much =] I get to ride him Wednesday!!

AussieDaisyGirl 06-06-2009 05:35 PM

That is very cool! You should be proud!

smrobs 06-06-2009 07:07 PM

Congratulations. I am glad that it worked out with you and Gonzo. Maybe that was his problem to begin with is he needs a confident rider. You are doing great!! Keep up the good work.

mom2pride 06-06-2009 08:09 PM

I love it when things just 'click' between horse and rider! Congrats on your fabulous ride! I hope you can continue to grow with Gonzo; you'll learn alot from each other...

Sharpie 06-06-2009 09:18 PM

Congratulations! It sounded like that push really helped you two get over a mental speed bump. :) It's great that you're learning to trust and rely on each other.

BackInTheSaddleAgain 06-06-2009 09:29 PM

Great! I know you've been a little discouraged lately. This is good to hear. Have fun on Wednesday!

IheartPheobe 06-06-2009 09:39 PM

Thanks everyone! I ran around the barn telling every single person.. I got lots of, "Um.. okay..?"s xD
I am just so happy with him.. my dad was so confused when I was like, "ONE buck! Just ONE BUCK! I AM SO HAPPY!" xDD

LacyLove 06-09-2009 06:13 PM

yay Nellie! congratss! =D

7Ponies 06-09-2009 06:16 PM

Fantastic. Sounds like you got some confidence back, and Gonzo was able to relax a bit with you and perform better!!

IheartPheobe 06-10-2009 06:02 PM

I most likely can't ride him all summer, unless I ask if I could stay late at the stable and school him =[