The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Pictures (/horse-pictures/)
- - Want Photo of Rachel Alexandra (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/want-photo-rachel-alexandra-29178/)
Want Photo of Rachel Alexandra
I have seen a lot of horses in my time, and I don't even ride Thoroughbreds, but Rachel Alexandra and her story just takes my breath away! I tear up everytime I see the videos of Kentucky Oaks and the Preakness. She is truly astonishing and a real gem! Anyway, I am looking for a photo of her in the winners circle. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find such a photo???
*Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.*
i dont even know that story lol!
i just looked it up on google images and this is the closest pic i could find. i cant find a pic of her actually in the winners circle. i dont know where else to look, someone else might know :D
Google is your friend.
That filly amazes me. i love the look of her as she runs the Preakness. I'll get some still shots for you from somewhere
Yeah, see that's the pic from the Kentucky Oaks winners circle. I found a video of them photographing her with the black eye susans (yellow flowers), but just cant find the pic. If you watch the Kentucky Oaks race all the jockey did was let her loose towards the last strech and she ran it herself. He was holding her in second most of the race. He never once used a whip, never took his hands off the reins! THAT's a filly with heart! I am looking forward to seeing her in the future. Thanks to anyone helping me with looking for the pic! :)
what is her story?
I am saddened by that.... I could tell you everything about her, but it would be WAY TO LONG. I'll just give a few details, the rest you can search and get a lot of stuff on her =)
1. Rachel Alexandra was named after her original owners grandaughter, Rachel Alexandra xD
2. Her first trainer was Hal Wiggins(who she should have STAYED WITH) but was switched to Steve Assmussen when she was sold in a private auction to owner Jess Jackson after her Kentucky Oaks win.
3. Rachel was entered in the Preakness and beat older boys on 3 different tracks and surfaces, and is the first filly in 85 years to win this race.
4. She is the first EVER filly to EVER win the Woodward stakes
5. Broke RUFFIANS record in the Mothergoose stakes
6. And last but not least- TOTALLY beat out zenyatta... for Horse of the year honors with 130 over 99 votes!!
(Rachel= 130 votes
zen= 99 votes)
7. And because Jess Jackson also owns Curlin, he bred Rachel and Curlin together, but died of a heart attack before Rachel gave birth.
8. Rachels first foal is a colt, and was recently bred to Bernardini and is now in foal to a Filly =)
Hope that helps! The rest is for you to read! xD
Email stonestreet farms. You never know :) maybe they'll help you
Posted via Mobile Device
This thread is super old.... :wink:
Crap! I got tricked!
Posted via Mobile Device
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.