The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Favorites? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/favorites-292121/)

C0c0a728 10-10-2013 10:05 PM

Favorites?

What's your favorite color, breed and gender of horse? Just thought that this would be fun to find out:)
Posted via Mobile Device

TheatricalAffair 10-10-2013 10:25 PM

I have a soft spot for bays and blacks with chrome.
As for breed, I like Thoroughbreds and Warmbloods, sport horse types.
And for gender, I prefer the boys :-)

HorseLovinLady 10-10-2013 10:36 PM

My favorite colors are palomino and cremello. My favorite breeds are as follows, paints, quarter horses and appies. Favorite gender hands down are mares.

Incitatus32 10-10-2013 10:39 PM

Hmmmmm I mainly go for individual personality, I'm game for anything usually.
Though for breeds I'm mainly fond of:
QH's (foundation style though)
Morgans (foundation style, I like them to have bone and not be too araby/saddlebreddy)
Paints/crosses
Drafts
I like friesians but I don't know if I would own one because the few that I know are nice but dumber than rocks. That breed would have to depend on the individual.
I Do NOT like gaited horses at all. I don't like the gaits and the ones I've run into are kinda stupid. (Though maybe I've just had bad experiences)

Gender is whatever, I don't care so long as it's not a stud! As for color anything goes although I have a thing for buckskins/duns and grullas as well as paints and roans. :lol:

hemms 10-10-2013 10:40 PM

Anything baroque... Love any colour with black points, frame overos... Geldings all the way!
Posted via Mobile Device

Horse racer 10-10-2013 11:35 PM

Bay thoroughbred gelding definitely! Love the hot sport horse breeds too.

waresbear 10-10-2013 11:40 PM

Arab, bay, gelding. I. Want. That. Type. Of. Horse.

GottaQH 10-10-2013 11:58 PM

Buckskin, TWH, Mare

SorrelHorse 10-11-2013 12:15 AM

I ride quarter horses and paints. Stock, handy type horses.
Color? I'm game for most anything, but I do like chrome.
I'm a mare person.

Magdalen 10-11-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incitatus32 (Post 3839193)
I like friesians but I don't know if I would own one because the few that I know are nice but dumber than rocks.

Yeah I kind of noticed that about the friesians at my barn. Very pretty but don't use their brains, and no ground manners (that's too big of a horse not to have manners). Sorry after seeing how they've behaved, no thanks.

Hmmm I love horses hahah. Right now I love a dark chocolately bay (cause that is what my girl is). Since I was little I've always wanted a buckskin and there is a little buckskin paint (paint also another weakness) mustang that I just love. He's going to be a great horse. I like big horse (again like my mare). Warmbloods, I just like how solid they look. I like the sweet natures of Arabs (yes I did mean Arabs hah) they just tend to be shorter than I'd like.

I'm not picky about gender.