The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favorites?

3K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  VaticanVice 
#1 ·
What's your favorite color, breed and gender of horse? Just thought that this would be fun to find out:)
Posted via Mobile Device

#4 ·
Hmmmmm I mainly go for individual personality, I'm game for anything usually.
Though for breeds I'm mainly fond of:
QH's (foundation style though)
Morgans (foundation style, I like them to have bone and not be too araby/saddlebreddy)
Paints/crosses
Drafts
I like friesians but I don't know if I would own one because the few that I know are nice but dumber than rocks. That breed would have to depend on the individual.
I Do NOT like gaited horses at all. I don't like the gaits and the ones I've run into are kinda stupid. (Though maybe I've just had bad experiences)

Gender is whatever, I don't care so long as it's not a stud! As for color anything goes although I have a thing for buckskins/duns and grullas as well as paints and roans. :lol:

#10 ·
I like friesians but I don't know if I would own one because the few that I know are nice but dumber than rocks.
Yeah I kind of noticed that about the friesians at my barn. Very pretty but don't use their brains, and no ground manners (that's too big of a horse not to have manners). Sorry after seeing how they've behaved, no thanks.

Hmmm I love horses hahah. Right now I love a dark chocolately bay (cause that is what my girl is). Since I was little I've always wanted a buckskin and there is a little buckskin paint (paint also another weakness) mustang that I just love. He's going to be a great horse. I like big horse (again like my mare). Warmbloods, I just like how solid they look. I like the sweet natures of Arabs (yes I did mean Arabs hah) they just tend to be shorter than I'd like.

I'm not picky about gender.

#11 ·
Bright bay (with or without chrome), brown (sounds weird, but I knew a brown Holsteiner who was just gorgeous), golden buckskin. Stock horses, TBs (the old style ones with substance), warmbloods (Holsteiners are my fave), a good draft cross. Geldings all the way. Very much not a mare person.
Posted via Mobile Device

#12 ·
stock/working horses--I like them around 15hh and thick so they can pull a cow--I also like them to be fast, so they can get to the cow quick; blue or bay roans, greys that keep the black mane and tail, and buckskins...gender doesn't matter, what they can do matters. I have two geldings and 3 mares currently.

#13 ·
I love greys (especially dark and dappled but flea bitten too) and palominos, buckskins, duns and roans. My favorite breeds would have to be Arabs, QH's and TWH's so far, although I do love to look at draft horses like Clyds. I thought I was a gelding person until I realized that 3 out of the 4 horses I've owned were mares. But personality always wins me over in the end no matter what they look like.

#15 ·
I wish I had a clear answer, but I'm still figuring it out my self. I like pretty much all horses that are forward and athletic, so draft cross and lighter. I like a smart, observant horse with a big heart that loves to work, and has lots of personality. For practical mounting on the trail I like to stay under 16hh, and with a wider barrel

so that leaves me with members of most of the breeds out there:shock: I currently have an arab that I love, and an appy that I really like. I have owned members of many breeds over the years. My favorite was probably a hanovarian cross.

As for color, I would like to own a grulla one day. I like some chrome, strips, white faces and high white socks, but I also think a horse that is completely solid colored is nice too. I've owned some amazing colored horses with crappy personalities, so I really learned the 'don't pick a horse by its color' lesson. I like any good horse.

and I'm a mare person.

#17 ·
I've never ridden one or seen one in person, but I must say i LOVE looking at pictures of Gypsy Vanners and dream of owning one. :)
I like heavier horses, but not draft breeds. I like muscular warmbloods, Friesians, Gypsy Vanners, and draft-crosses. Not that I've ridden one of those. I like Quarter Horses as well.

As for colors, I LOVE roans.

I don't have a favorite gender.

#20 ·
I like all cream dilutes the best, but my favourite normal colour is bay. You can never go past a good bay I think. I like stars.

Right now my favourite breeds are Australian Stock Horse and Quarter Horse. I like the look of Andalusian/Lusitano horses but I don't know if I'd ever get one.

I like some individual mares more - but geldings overall are better IMO.

#21 ·
Im a sucker for a bay horse of any breed..... My current prefrence is Rocky mountain horses (not a fan of chocolate/flaxen), though walkers are growing on me. The only color I won't own is palamino or white.

Gender is a non issue with me, and I dont really care whether they are intact or cut.

Jim

#23 ·
I love my Haffies, but other favorites include Fjords, Icelandics, Ardennes, Belgians, and Clydes. I like ponies or drafts, I guess :P

Favorite colors are bay, bay roan, and anything with pangare or primitive dun markings.

And I always pictured myself with a sweet, lovely, even-tempered gelding, but I'm consistently drawn to feisty mares. Silly me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.