The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Photos of riding bridle-less (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/photos-riding-bridle-less-29337/)

Sixxofdiamonds 06-10-2009 01:52 AM

Photos of riding bridle-less

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few photos from our bridle-less ride today. The video is in the natural horsemanship section. http://www.horseforum.com/natural-ho...y-video-29327/

I really like the way he moves without something on his face!
This is the second time -ever- that we've done this. :) I am very proud of him!

The first one is with a bridle - just because I really like that photo of him. :) I was looking at a bird's nest in the sand in the gaming arena. The bird kept running at us and I couldn't figure out why. Then I saw the eggs.

DixiesPaintedNova 06-10-2009 02:22 AM

He Is gorgeous and that color looks really good on him.

My2Geldings 06-10-2009 02:23 AM

Neat pictures. I was finding it really odd tho where you keep your hands when you are riding without a bridle. Thought you actually had photoshopped the bridle out :lol:

riccil0ve 06-10-2009 02:25 AM

I wonder how Ricci would do if I tried to ride her without something on her face. o_O Probably not too well. At least not in anything faster than a walk, lol.

You both look way comfortable, which is great. If you were to compete in a bridle-less class, where should your hands be? I wouldn't know what to do with mine. =P

Sixxofdiamonds 06-10-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 324703)
Neat pictures. I was finding it really odd tho where you keep your hands when you are riding without a bridle. Thought you actually had photoshopped the bridle out :lol:

Haha, I definitely didn't Photoshop the bridle out. ;) The video in the Natural Horsemanship section proves that.

I just really don't know where to put my hands? Where do you put them? Haha. I tend to hold them together right under my chest. I think it keeps me more balanced.

Sixxofdiamonds 06-10-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixiesPaintedNova (Post 324702)
He Is gorgeous and that color looks really good on him.

Thank you! I do like a royal blue on a bucksin color. :)

Stock Horse Show Source 06-10-2009 08:30 AM

Very nice pictures. My mare may be heading that way though she still needs some work. I would love to show in a bridle-less western pleasure class.

BackInTheSaddleAgain 06-10-2009 10:01 AM

Neat! I wouldn't know what to do with my hands, either. That would be awkward.

PalominoStarsky 06-10-2009 04:39 PM

Very cool! I am sure it took lots and lots of practice and patience to finally get that comfortable! Gorgeous horse, by the way. Buckskins and Palominos are my weakness!

Chuckface 06-12-2009 04:36 AM

hey good on you! and good luck i nthe future too.