The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Is there any place I can find info on thoroughbreds for free? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/there-any-place-i-can-find-293577/)

horseNpony 10-13-2013 04:24 AM

Is there any place I can find info on thoroughbreds for free?

Ive seen a lot of people finding info on their thoroughbreds by their brands, names, ect.. So i become curious and decided i want to find info on these two thoroughbreds at my riding school, ones an ottb, the other is not, both have brands. I cant post any pics as these guys as they arnt mine, so does anyone know any free websites, or even books? :-)

Saskia 10-13-2013 04:55 AM

Australian Studbook has all the racing TBs in Australia, but you need a name, microchip or ID number to search. I think they have a brand registry but only for paid members.

Sorry I couldn't help!

horseNpony 10-13-2013 06:01 AM

Thanks for the website, it is helpful, unfortuntly im not sure when/where or if the ottb raced, i dont know how successful he was :(

Saddlebag 10-13-2013 07:23 AM

By brand, are you referring to a hip or shoulder or the lip tattoo? The lip tattoo is the info you need to do a search.

horseNpony 10-13-2013 04:14 PM

I have only shoulder for one, not sure if he has a lip tattoo or not, for the ottb i have both shoulder and lip.

churumbeque 10-13-2013 04:19 PM

Contact any people that race them They always have a ton of them for free. OOPs misread. thought you wanted a free horse LOL

horseNpony 10-13-2013 04:35 PM

Oh id love a free horse,but considering my experience and the fact that i have no money to spare, i dont think getting a horse would work out very well :D

TruGing 10-13-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horseNpony (Post 3855609)
Ive seen a lot of people finding info on their thoroughbreds by their brands, names, ect.. So i become curious and decided i want to find info on these two thoroughbreds at my riding school, ones an ottb, the other is not, both have brands. I cant post any pics as these guys as they arnt mine, so does anyone know any free websites, or even books? :-)

If you know there registered names you can search allbreedpedigree.com to find their pedigrees, but that's all I've got, sorry
Posted via Mobile Device

horseNpony 10-18-2013 05:32 AM

Cant find anything on either of them, oh well, ill just ask their owner then.

RedTree 10-18-2013 05:37 AM

As your in Aust, you may not be able to find info on them...
Are they older?
Some times if the horse is older it wasn't recorded in the stud book, doubt you'll be able to find any info on the one that didn't race though, if you send me through te brands of the other I can try look it up.