The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Bone Integrity Study - Navicular, Calcium Deposits, Spurs, etc.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/bone-integrity-study-navicular-calcium-deposits-29432/)

HorseNaround1 06-11-2009 05:32 PM

Bone Integrity Study - Navicular, Calcium Deposits, Spurs, etc..

I came across this in the Farrier's Journal.

Just FYI if anyone is interested or has a horse with a bone problem(Navicular, Calcium Deposits, Spurs) TLC Animal Nutrition is conducting a study for horses with these conditions. If you have a digital radiograph for them to view for selection of eligibility then you can get your horse remedied and evaluated after the therapy for free.

www.TLCfieldstudy.com is the site for more info.

HorseNaround1

hotreddun 06-11-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorseNaround1 (Post 325701)
I came across this in the Farrier's Journal.

Just FYI if anyone is interested or has a horse with a bone problem(Navicular, Calcium Deposits, Spurs) TLC Animal Nutrition is conducting a study for horses with these conditions. If you have a digital radiograph for them to view for selection of eligibility then you can get your horse remedied and evaluated after the therapy for free.

www.TLCfieldstudy.com is the site for more info.

HorseNaround1

This looks extremely fishy to me. What kind of a study gets their website design off of a "free website" place. And it is clearly just a cookie cutter template. There is not enough information on the website to say what university is doing the study, who paid for the grant for a study...yada yada. Looks screwball to me.

HorseNaround1 06-12-2009 10:52 AM

So - I called this morning and talked to a woman about this.
Fishy? LOL Yeah, b/c they're asking for your monetary contribution to participate in the study?
WAIT NO! They are offering you a product that could reverse the condition of your horse and then the post treatment evaluation by your own veterinarian to prove it... for free? They are a registered agricultural manufacturer so there really isn't any chance of whatever you think may be "fishy" about the study. They have been doing it for 25 years and have hundreds of written testimonials that say their products work but want to quantify their results by actual radiographs and vet evaluations for naysayers lke you. They are not studying the effects of Selenium in the treatment of free radical elimination, they are documenting results on how many horses out of X horses come back with a clear radiograph and sound veterinarian evaluation after treatment of their specific product.
I have a lot of customers that could benefit from this if it comes back favorable... many that have suffered through for years with no successful treatment options.
It says "FIELD STUDY" - not "CLINICAL TRIAL" - so they are paying for it themselves - Yeah fishy that a company would spend their own money to prove their product works, huh?

Thank You.

HorseNaround1