The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   White bandages? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/white-bandages-29459/)

CessBee 06-12-2009 01:56 AM

White bandages?

I was just wondering if any of you well informed people know the reason why so many people use white bandages for dressage school and clinics and what not?

Cougar 06-12-2009 06:03 AM

Tradition, tradition, tradition!

That's the response I got when I asked. Though I'd love to hear if it actually holds more weight than that.

xkatex 06-12-2009 12:28 PM

I've had a few people tell me they use white bandages to draw attention to their horses leg movements. Along with the fact that its traditional and some people hold prejudices to colourful and flashy apparell. Dont know if thats a main reason or not, just what i've been told along the horsey road :-)

StormyBlues 06-12-2009 12:36 PM

Yes, Tradition, although, I use royal blue polos because that is my color

CessBee 06-12-2009 09:16 PM

Ahh thought it would be cause its just what people do lol.
Bringing attention to leg movements wouldnt be any good really cause they arent allowed in competition eh.

Spyder 06-12-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xkatex (Post 326239)
I've had a few people tell me they use white bandages to draw attention to their horses leg movements. Along with the fact that its traditional and some people hold prejudices to colourful and flashy apparell. Dont know if thats a main reason or not, just what i've been told along the horsey road :-)

Pretty much the main reason and they just want to pretty up their horse.:-P

2 Bay Geldings 06-14-2009 04:36 AM

Basically because it looks neat and pretty, but white bandages do also show off the horses movement better and of course because of tradition.

ann15603 06-14-2009 11:48 AM

I went to one horse show without white bandages and all of the trainers came up to me and told me that I was crazy and I needed some right away. I totally dont believe that anyone _needs___ them. I was the only one at the show without them during the awards

~*~anebel~*~ 06-14-2009 02:33 PM

Because everything should be white. Technically we should have white breeches, shirt, polos, saddle pad and bridle padding. When it's white it can't be dirty and we don't like dirty. Also the white polos contrast against dark surfaces or legs and make the movement easier to see.

riccil0ve 06-15-2009 11:53 AM

What if your horse has white legs? o_O