The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   need help with my riding boots ASAP! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/need-help-my-riding-boots-asap-29541/)

ADollopofDaisy 06-13-2009 04:44 PM

need help with my riding boots ASAP!

Okay i wore my boots for the 2nd time today and i was walking two horses out of the barn at the same time. Which is very tricky when one wants to be slow and the other one is like trotting =) so i stopped and when i started walking the faster pony stepped on my new boot! when he removed his foot he actually RIPPED THE LEATHER! i was going to kill him :-x but what should i do to fix it!!!!!! is there some kind of glue?

upnover 06-13-2009 04:50 PM

where did it rip? along a seam? i'd take it to a shoe repair place and see if there's anything they can do. a patch, restich a seam, etc. they're normally very affordable. i've taken a pair of half chaps that were on their last leg get practically reconstructed for less then $20!

ADollopofDaisy 06-13-2009 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
right on the front. I don't really know any shoe repair places. i am uploading a picture right now

the front of boot. The leather is actually sticking up.

Attachment 7858

ADollopofDaisy 06-13-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnover (Post 326962)
where did it rip? along a seam? i'd take it to a shoe repair place and see if there's anything they can do. a patch, restich a seam, etc. they're normally very affordable. i've taken a pair of half chaps that were on their last leg get practically reconstructed for less then $20!

like a normal shoe repair shop? im going to do find one.

StormyBlues 06-13-2009 09:44 PM

I don't think that is able to be fixed, silly pony! I'm so sorry!

upnover 06-13-2009 11:38 PM

yeah.... i'm not sure how fixable that is. I'd either 1) take them to a shoe repair place (yes, just a regular place you can find in the yellow pages) and see what they have to say. 2) call up your tack store or company the boots are made from and complain that you had the boots just a few days, all that happened was your horse stepped on you and they ripped! :) some places are amazing about return policies!

ADollopofDaisy 06-14-2009 12:17 PM

see the place that i got them from doesnt know anything. The boots are Valentini which are from italy.......but there isnt like a website that i could find. well the thing is that i got them the 31st of may so i have had them for a while but i only wore them on monday for the first time. i read up on something called stormsure but im not sure if that it the right way to go...i dont want the rip to get bigger.

AussieDaisyGirl 06-14-2009 12:39 PM

You'd be surprised. I just got some boots by Smith Worthington which are in England. When I had issues with them - even though I'd bought them elsewhere (ebay) they were brand new. I wrote the company explaining what happened and they sent me a replacement pair. Which shocked me but that's just to say businesses stand by their products.

ADollopofDaisy 06-15-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieDaisyGirl (Post 327413)
You'd be surprised. I just got some boots by Smith Worthington which are in England. When I had issues with them - even though I'd bought them elsewhere (ebay) they were brand new. I wrote the company explaining what happened and they sent me a replacement pair. Which shocked me but that's just to say businesses stand by their products.

thanks i guess i will try and find an email. i just think that the pony shoes nails were sticking out because there paddock if uphill and they need there nails to stick out longer for traction so the nail might have ripped them.

ADollopofDaisy 06-15-2009 05:21 PM

i just sent them a email, waiting for the reply now.