The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country-bound, finally.

588 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SeemsLegit 
#1 ·
As of November first, I will be living on my first acreage. This has been a lifelong dream, albeit only being seventeen; never, have I been so bloody excited.

With that said, the property is hardly ready to house horses just yet.

It held not a single upright fence-post when we started (property dividers aside), not to mention the fact that the weeds - far too many, might I add - are taller then myself. I'm only five feet tall, but I'm sure the mental image is more than enough. The place was littered with scrap metal and wood - oh-so graciously in piles - but we decided to do what we seem to do best: tough it out, in knowing the reward will come later.

And, so, the contract was signed and we began work almost a month-and-a-half ago, because there was so much to be done. With winter approaching far sooner than expected, the ground already beginning to frost over, it's become one hell of a raise against mother nature. The place won't be finished before snowfall, unfortunately, as putting in fenceposts didn't turn out to be as easy as we had been told it would. Not only would a post-pounder not work, but a one-man ogger wasn't even enough -- we had to get a massive one, and, even yet, continue to dig out 200lb rocks that hinder our attempts. It's very likely that the place is sitting on top of what used to be a river-bed because hours upon hours upon hours of work have only amounted to 53 standing posts. Woo.

Anyways, for those interested, here I bring to you what will be the progress of an up-and-coming horse facility, complete with boarding, training, trail rides, cattle, goats (that I fully plan to halter-train and take into town), and chickens. I'll be posting horse updates, update on the property -- everything and anything!

I'm so ready, I can't even explain. Long gone are the days of having spare time in front of the tv!

Enjoy.

The ones lucky enough to have overcome the odds...

Early-morning work...

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.