The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Possible Abandoned horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/possible-abandoned-horse-296026/)

shaggy 10-16-2013 11:24 PM

Possible Abandoned horse

2 Attachment(s)
So where i board as there is 3 neighboring fields on one side that used to belong to my BOs. They sold it off before I came there. About a month ago this little grey horse showed up down there. These fields are close to the road and i wonder if someone just threw her out. I have no idea who owns these fields or I would go ask them if she's theirs. Funny thing is theres no gates on the areas to get out of the top two fields so if someone was keeping her there wouldnt they put gates up? I see her standing at the bottom on the field like she's trying to get close to my horses and the others in the field. Today I was down in the field giving out some baby carrots to my boys and she was there so i offered her a couple and she was the sweetest little thing. She let me rub her head and nose. Thats also how I know its a she I checked lol I wish I knew if she had owners. Shes obviously been around humans before or she wouldnt have let me touch her. I just feel bad cause shes so sweet but she's so skinny. I know theres probably not anything I can do for her but it still bothers me. Heres some pics. Also I think she might have something wrong with her shoulder cause theres such a knot there.

4horses 10-17-2013 01:31 AM

If in doubt, report it. There should be someone who handles abandoned animals in your area.

Saddlebag 10-17-2013 09:37 AM

Any water source? If not that's one of the best reasons to call the authorities. Have you circled the property for evidence of someone leaving water? Be careful about giving her treats as you could get into trouble for that.

Winterose 10-17-2013 10:22 AM

She is pretty and i agree with everyone else u should call someone
Posted via Mobile Device

franknbeans 10-17-2013 10:24 AM

Agree with what has been said-you can see the knot on her shoulder.....does her knee look huge to anyone else or is it just the angle? She is a cute girl.....Hope you can figure it out, OP.

TNRiderChic 10-17-2013 10:34 AM

I was thinking the same thing about her knee. I see your in Tennessee, if you know the address you can look up who owns the property:

http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/

shaggy 10-17-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 3890442)
Any water source? If not that's one of the best reasons to call the authorities. Have you circled the property for evidence of someone leaving water? Be careful about giving her treats as you could get into trouble for that.

Theres a creek but i dont think she can get too it. And I didnt see any buckets or things around when I looked around the fields. As far as i know from riding in the those fields ,back when ex trainers daughter rode with me, theres only two ways out of those fields. And I can see both entrances from my horses field. I would have noticed if a bucket had been placed there, but i could be wrong since its been awhile since i've been in them there might be another way in and i know i just gave her like 2 little baby carrots cause was just staring at me like 'please give me one too' lol

shaggy 10-17-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNRiderChic (Post 3890682)
I was thinking the same thing about her knee. I see your in Tennessee, if you know the address you can look up who owns the property:

http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/

dang i didnt know that! i'll have to ask my BOs if that know the address!

Drifting 10-17-2013 09:35 PM

woo, for a moment I was like "I know that horse!" But the one I know that looks like that is a gelding, and has a huge white mark on his left upper leg. Scared me for a moment though.

shaggy 10-17-2013 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah her shoulder and knee are my biggest reasonings that shes been thrown out. Heres another pic where you can really see her the knot on her shoulder. Do you guys think my mom and I should ask around the neighbors (theres only 2 maybe 3 close to these fields) or just go straight to the authorities?