The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   My Avatar (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/my-avatar-296370/)

Nokotaheaven 10-17-2013 06:40 PM

My Avatar

5 Attachment(s)
Hello, I wasn't sure where to put this but I wanted to put it somewhere where everyone would see it. Sorry if it's in the wrong category.
The other day I got notified about some complaints about my avatar, how it looks like a horse with it's back ripped open. I've had this avatar up for more than a month and that was the first I've heard of any complaints or concerns. So I just wanted to clear things up.
I was out in a field on a hot day taking photos with a friend, and it was too hot to have a sweat shirt on and I didn't want to carry it for a few minutes while taking photos. The fence is electric, so I can't hang it there, so I decided to put it on the horse's back because I knew she wouldn't care at all. While taking photos I just happened to look over just in time to see her lay down and start rolling on my sweat shirt. I thought it was funny so I took some photos.
Here are some photos of that in sequence. And the last photo just shows better that it was a sweat shirt. I will change the avatar, but my internet is not the best at the moment so I cannot do it quite yet sorry. I appreciate your understanding, and no negative comments please, thank you :)
Attachment 302954
Attachment 302962
Attachment 302970
Attachment 302978
Attachment 302986

Yooper 10-17-2013 06:42 PM

Wow, your avatar really does look like your horse has a massive back injury! I can see why someone might report it.

Maybe put a little note in your signature that it is your horse being a coat rack?

NattaBoss 10-17-2013 08:14 PM

I definitely see horse with a major back injury in your avatar, because of the size. But in the larger photos you posted, it looks like you have a paddock of coat racks, lol. I agree with Yooper, put a disclaimer/note in your signature for now until the photo can be changed.

Golden Horse 10-17-2013 08:40 PM

I hadn't really noticed it until it was mentioned, and then all you can see is a horse with its back ripped open, so glad to see the big pictures and find it isn't so. LOL, it still looks like it in the avatar though, I like Yoopers suggestion as well.

flytobecat 10-17-2013 08:52 PM

You know I thought that at first when I saw your avatar, but then I figured "naw" that can't be what is. It such a small photo, it's hard to make out the details. You did have me perplexed though cause I couldn't figure out what it was.

Makoda 10-17-2013 11:54 PM

Looked like a bareback saddle pad to me.

Wild Heart 10-18-2013 12:04 AM

I haven't seen your avatar before now but it kind of does look like a horse with a very large injury.

Glad to know it is just a horse that was tired of being a coat rack! :lol:

Tangiest Illicitness 10-18-2013 08:51 AM

Ahh, the large picture definitely clears it up! I was worried for a bit! :)

Pambam 10-18-2013 09:12 AM

It does look like a back injury in the small pic, can't believe people didn't pm to ask though rather than report you:(

Nokotaheaven 10-18-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pambam (Post 3900145)
It does look like a back injury in the small pic, can't believe people didn't pm to ask though rather than report you:(

Yeah, I don't know why people didn't ask