The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Dressing a horse up - Harry Potter Style (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/dressing-horse-up-harry-potter-style-296402/)

Drifting 10-17-2013 08:34 PM

Dressing a horse up - Harry Potter Style

Okay

I am debating taking my Appy yearling to a open/POA show the weekend before Halloween. I want to dress him up as Harry Potter.

I was thinking I can get those black pipe wires and make a pair of glasses.

And then get some white fabric to make a shirt, buy a tie (or two?) and then black fabric for a cloak.

I was trying to think of a way to sheath a broom on his side too. Am I missing anything?

Ninamebo 10-17-2013 08:46 PM

Draw a scar on his face with lipstick

Give him a hat if he will let you. You could attach it to his bridle/halter with some duct tape.

I love this idea. I'm a super HP nerd. What will you go as? His patronus?

waresbear 10-17-2013 08:47 PM

I want to see some pics of the costume when you are done!!!

DraftyAiresMum 10-17-2013 08:47 PM

The lightning bolt scar. ;-)

I wouldn't buy ties for the tie, I'd use felt. Get a length of soft deeper red felt, the use tacky glue to glue diagonal gold felt stripes on it to make a Gryffindor tie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Drifting 10-17-2013 08:47 PM

He'll wear a hat. My Sister is dressing him up as Merlin this weekend. He's one of those "I don't care, i just want to eat" types.

I may be cheap and re-do my red graduation robes into quiddich (sp) robes or something.

Drifting 10-17-2013 08:48 PM

Pics will definitly be coming if I do this!

It'll be his first show, I figure it's a good break-in. Something low key that doesn't require anything special like banding, or bathing

Ninamebo 10-17-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 3895938)
The lightning bolt scar. ;-)

I wouldn't buy ties for the tie, I'd use felt. Get a length of soft deeper red felt, the use tacky glue to glue diagonal gold felt stripes on it to make a Gryffindor tie.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or you could do the scarf. That may be a bit easier to loop around his neck.

rookie 10-17-2013 08:50 PM

I like the scarf idea. Don't forget his wand!

Drifting 10-17-2013 08:52 PM

Scarf is a good idea!

and I found some iron on emblems for gryffindor

Tryst 10-17-2013 10:28 PM

I think he should wear something that says Harry Spotter or Hairy Potter.... Used to groom a dog named Hairy Paw-ter ;)