The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Waiting...waiting.....for a foal.....341 days and counting! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/waiting-waiting-foal-341-days-counting-296641/)

Melzie71 10-18-2013 03:14 AM

Waiting...waiting.....for a foal.....341 days and counting!

2 Attachment(s)
Waiting not so patiently on my maiden mare to foal. What are the final little clues that tonights the night???Attachment 303105

Attachment 303113

sarahb87 10-18-2013 04:34 AM

im thinking buckskin or bay voted buckskin though lol. I new tonights the night when my mare foaled because she was acting different to usual I know people say they will do that but I wasn't sure what to expect or if I would notice it but I did so if u know your mare well u should notice a difference lol other sign was her nipples pointed out ways instead of straight down that day and she waxed up but was only like an hour before she foaled that she waxed so u may not see the wax. and obviously u can look for all the other usual signs some may have all some may just have some and I think some are just tricky and don't show any. anyway that's just what I found with my experience wishing u the best of luck and a cute but most importantly healthy and safe delivery of foal :)

haleycrew4 10-18-2013 12:18 PM

I voted Buckskin. I knew my mare was going to foal because she had milk pouring out of her nips and she was a sweaty mess! I mean sweaty! The weather was mild, in the 60's and she was sweating like we had just taken a long trail ride. That was about 8:00pm and she foaled in the eraly early AM.

Melzie71 10-18-2013 02:45 PM

Thanks guys. She is right outside my back door and I am spending heaps of time with her so am sure I will pick up on any changes. Haleycrew4 I just had to google the weather quote lol, we are Celsius here which is around 15 and about the same temps here that we are having now in our Spring. Will update as we progress.

Melzie71 10-19-2013 05:40 PM

Still no baby and no changes................. :-(

MsLady 10-19-2013 05:52 PM

The waiting does pay off in the end 😊. Her udder was pretty full the other day, is it the same or is it getting fuller?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 10-19-2013 06:11 PM

35.16% -
Buckskin

35.16% -
Bay

11.72% -
Smoky Black

11.72% -
Black

3.13% -
Palomino

3.13% -
Chestnut

She doesn't look all that close to me, BUT!!!! she's maiden so she may not ever look all that imminent. If she's 341 yesterday, I'm going to say you probably have another weeks, since maidens are notorious for being late.

Melzie71 10-20-2013 01:46 AM

Dreamcatcher, I have had her colours done and she has a Base coat colour is bay from the results. Does not carry the recessive Agouti allele for black, so no chance of black offspring. She does have 1 copy of the recessive chestnut allele for extension so could produce chestnut offspring.

MsLady, her udder is fuller and all creases just about gone. Bubs is still moving but not as active as previous. Today was 22degC (about 72F I think), and she is very uncomfortable but no noticeable changes so not holding my breath for tonight either.

Melzie71 10-20-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians (Post 3910321)
35.16% -
Buckskin

35.16% -
Bay

11.72% -
Smoky Black

11.72% -
Black

3.13% -
Palomino

3.13% -
Chestnut

She doesn't look all that close to me, BUT!!!! she's maiden so she may not ever look all that imminent. If she's 341 yesterday, I'm going to say you probably have another weeks, since maidens are notorious for being late.

I had the opportunity to go to China for work or Equidays which is a big equine annual show here, both this weekend so I would have guaranteed she would have held on until after that... :-( just so I could have regretted not going to either grrr. Still its very exciting to go out all the time with that hint of hope that something changed from my last visit :-)

MsLady 10-20-2013 04:10 AM

There is nothing like the excitement of waiting for your mare to foal and then finally after all the anticipation it happens. We are not breeders, this is all new to us (only our 2nd foal), so I completely understand your excitement!!
Posted via Mobile Device