The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you know about herbal treatments?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Velvetgrace 
#1 ·
Well, I have always kinda known that something was off with my mare that has caused her to feel a little painful in her right hoof. I had a good farrier working with her and had her feet trimmed every 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks ago I had her shoed because I wanted to protect the soft soles that she had while I rode her. Plus I was moving her from my parents house to the place where I live. Which this has cause a problem for me and I have to find a new farrier in the area which I live in, a drive 2 1/2 hours back home pulling a trailer is out of the question.

The farrier that I contacted visited with me today and had a lot of information that answered some questions that I had. Some I had already figured out, but was not sure about. This farrier will be trimming her feet and has kinda recommended that we can get my mare away from shoes over time. Also he recommended a product called "Silver Lining Herbs" that is herbs that are supposed to help the body to heal.

Has anyone ever used these herd with any luck? I have read good replies about the product, but I was hoping that I might find someone on here that could give an honest opinion hopefully from their experiences. I am willing to try this to help my mare, but I am not willing to just blow my money over and over on a product that is foo foo dust.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.