The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cars and Trucks (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/)
-   -   {{URGENT!!}} Fathers day contest-- car racing (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/%7B%7Burgent-%7D%7D-fathers-day-contest-car-29742/)

horseluver50 06-16-2009 07:34 PM

{{URGENT!!}} Fathers day contest-- car racing

Just deleted my long post, so will make shorter...
My dad loves car racing, there is contest on radio station to go car racing for day for fathers day. My dad would have the time of his life, so I decided to enter...

here is the details to the contest:
Racing for Dad

http://www.kelowna.thesun.net/contes.../racecar95.jpg

Wanna make your dad the next Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon!?

Enter here for your chance to win 2 spots to the Okanagan Racing Experience Fathers Day Session!
Here's what the package will include!

Go Green ( ˝ Day session - 25 Laps)
Designed for people who want to get a taste of racing!!!!

This session starts with a short, 1-hour instructional meeting, in a classroom setting. Focus will be on driver safety, race car functions, basic driving techniques and car control. Left foot braking, braking points and race lines are some techniques that will be taught. After the classroom it's off to the track to get fitted into your fire proof driving suit and helmet.

You are then turned loose for your 1st exhilarating, (10 lap) session. You will receive instruction via in car radios while you race around the track . We bring you back to the pits where we discuss how you did and give you pointers on how to go faster in your final (15 lap) session.

Lunch and Beverages included.

Enter NOW for you chance to sit in the drivers seat.

For more info go to http://www.okracingexperience.com/

Enter a Short Story of why your dad should be in victory lane and taking the checkered flag!

here is my writeup::

Hello , my name is Amanda, I am 13 years old, and I am going to tell you why my daddy deserves to fulfill his dreams.
Ever since I was a little girl, my dad always told my sister and I about how much he would love to go try his hand at racing. I never thought twice about it, because I figured that he would be to afraid once he actually got there. I remember he used to bring me to car races. I had the absolute worst time of my life. He sat on the bench next to me, with a smile stretching across his entire face, eyes glittering in wonder at the phenomenal race.
All of the time, whenever racing comes up, he always says something along these lines, “Isn’t this great!? I sure wish I could have the chance to drive a race car. Imagine the adrenaline running through your body. I should become a race car driver. What do you say?”
I always reply by saying, “It’s too dangerous, I don’t want you to get hurt.”
But, now I am realizing that even though car racing is extremely dangerous, so is horse riding, and he never tries to stop me from doing what I love the most. My dad supports me in all of my life’s ambitions. He is always with me every step of the way, never holding me back. There are plenty of things that my dad plans to do before he dies. Driving a race car is definitely high on his list. With so many great ambitions, he never gets the chance to do them. He is always busy at work, and keeping the family alive. I think that he deserves a good break once and a while to relax and do something he dreams of doing.
One day as I was listening to 99.9 FM, I heard about the Father’s Day Racing Contest. I knew that I had to enter, because I knew that my dad would be so, so, so happy to go racing for a day. It would light up his life and make him extremely ecstatic. I know that he will love me no matter if he goes or not, but it would make him see that dreams really do come true.

I really want my dad to live life to the fullest, and to stop living life in the shadows. I want him to make his dreams a reality, to live….

Does it seem good?? Is there anything else I could add, change?? I HAVE to win this contest, cause I know my dad would LOOVEEE it!

SO, please anything that might help.. do u think it could win??

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!

BackInTheSaddleAgain 06-16-2009 07:37 PM

Awwww. Good job! Keep it the way it is. How nice =}

horseluver50 06-16-2009 07:46 PM