The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Amazing Sweet 16 present. =) A horse??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/amazing-sweet-16-present-%3D-horse-29756/)

ShannonSevenfold 06-16-2009 09:53 PM

Amazing Sweet 16 present. =) A horse???

Nope. But almost as good..

...My best riding lesson I've had since I started at this barn. My instructor is usually really uptight and tends to yell at us when she gets frustrated. But even Becky (my lesson horse), who's usually a crabby old lady, was having a good day. Whoot. She usually hates lessons in the outdoor, but today she was just as happy as can be to come in from the field and start. I had issues with her through my entire lesson though. My instructor was riding a horse who she said was very good friends with Becky, and Becky did not want to behave. She just wanted to play. But once she got over that, it was great. My instructor was super happy with my ride today, as was I.

We worked on posting some more. My posting was crap today. I could not keep up with her. For one, she doesn't like the rail on the right side of the arena. Not sure why, but she never wants to stay on it. And then her trot was really inconsistent- she kept slowing way down and then speeding way up almost to a canter. blehh

But my instructor says next lesson I'm finally graduating to a hunt seat saddle. Whooooo. :D

It was a good day. =)

-end rant-

Kentucky 06-16-2009 11:08 PM

congrats on your birthday and glad you had a good lesson.

ShannonSevenfold 06-16-2009 11:14 PM

I forgot the "what do you want for your birthday?" discussion:

Instructor - "So, do you know what you're getting for your birthday yet?"
Me (loud enough so my parents outside the fence could hear) - "Nope. But, ya know, I was kinda thinking a horse."
Instructor to my dad - "Well, if you've got $15,000, I've got one for her!"

bahaha =)