The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Meet my mustang Khal Drogo! (Khal for short) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/meet-my-mustang-khal-drogo-khal-298065/)

kustico 10-20-2013 12:25 PM

Meet my mustang Khal Drogo! (Khal for short)
 
Hello!

For all of you Game of Thrones fans, my mustang has long black hair and a huge scar on the side of his chest from the wild, earning him the name Khal Drogo. I call him Khal for short, pronounced Kaal. He was a wild mustang about a year and a half ago, and was trained for the extreme mustang makeover.

http://i.imgur.com/BX2Z2cv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7u2CfFG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/luz72cM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BWKq1c1.jpg

I'm very excited to meet all of you and your horses! :)

Cherrij 10-20-2013 01:04 PM

Amazing. Name choice is just epic.

MsLady 10-20-2013 01:07 PM

He is very handsome, I love his mane. If you don't mind me asking how did you come about owning Khal?
Posted via Mobile Device

kustico 10-20-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsLady (Post 3915737)
He is very handsome, I love his mane. If you don't mind me asking how did you come about owning Khal?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you! From what I understand, his original trainer won him in the extreme mustang makeover auction. He was sold to a family close by, but it turned out they were looking for a more beginner-friendly horse, and that's how I came across him!

rideverystride 10-20-2013 01:28 PM

He is GORGEOUS :).

DraftyAiresMum 10-20-2013 01:31 PM

Oh, be still, my heart!! He's my dream horse! If he goes missing, he ain't in Arizona! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yooper 10-20-2013 01:40 PM

Stunning horse, and what a perfect name choice. It fits him well! Especially because the Khal Drogo of the books rode a blood red bay!

MsLady 10-20-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kustico (Post 3915881)
Thank you! From what I understand, his original trainer won him in the extreme mustang makeover auction. He was sold to a family close by, but it turned out they were looking for a more beginner-friendly horse, and that's how I came across him!

Quite a story 😊. Glad he now home!
Posted via Mobile Device

franknbeans 10-20-2013 03:20 PM

Which makeover was he in? Do you know?

So the person who trained him for the makeover bought him at the auction afterwards, who then sold him to another family.....do you have the paperwork that goes with him? As I understand it, after you have a mustang for a year, the BLM sends a paper that is sort of a "release". Until the owner gets this paper, the mustang is really not theirs. I can double check but I think that it how it works.

He is lovely for sure.....any idea how he did? Or who the trainer was? A friend of mine does all the Makeovers......she is doing the Supreme right now.

kustico 10-20-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franknbeans (Post 3916649)
Which makeover was he in? Do you know?

So the person who trained him for the makeover bought him at the auction afterwards, who then sold him to another family.....do you have the paperwork that goes with him? As I understand it, after you have a mustang for a year, the BLM sends a paper that is sort of a "release". Until the owner gets this paper, the mustang is really not theirs. I can double check but I think that it how it works.

He is lovely for sure.....any idea how he did? Or who the trainer was? A friend of mine does all the Makeovers......she is doing the Supreme right now.

Hmm I'm not sure... But I would love to get in contact with his trainer one day to thank him for all that he's done and let him know that his boy has a good forever home. :) I have pictures of him and his trainer back when he was competing and in shape. Wow, it's amazing what some consistent exercise can do! I do know that he competed in California and that he's been out of the wild for approximately a year and a half.

Very cool about your friend! I fell in love with the breed after watching Wild Horse Wild Ride. I hope to eventually adopt my own wild mustang one day but know I have a long way to go. I have so much respect for the people that train in those competitions; I think it takes so much skill and patience to do what they do. It also really gives these horses a chance at a good life. Please tell your friend thank you for me!
Posted via Mobile Device


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0