The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   3 Day horse clinics...how do you do it? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/3-day-horse-clinics-how-do-29809/)

NyHorseGal 06-17-2009 06:50 PM

3 Day horse clinics...how do you do it?

How do you guys take your horse to a three day horse clinic if you live out of state and dont own a horse trailer?..

In Auguest theres a clinton anderson clinic that i want to take my horse to. But its in Nj and i live in Ny. I don't think my trainer is going to take the day off to take my horse all the way to nj for a day and then come back 2 days later to take us home. :( Oh and then theres feeding and stall rental,and hotel fees for us.

How do you guys do it??

Qtswede 06-17-2009 06:58 PM

well, if you're taking the clinic, they usually have stalls available for those participating in the clinic at wherever it is. I think unless you have a good way to get there and back, it's probably not going to happen. I wouldn't want to trust a hauling company with my horse for something like that. I know the clinics I've gone to, often the people riding in them either have living quarters on their trailer or a camper on their truck when they don't want to stray too far from the horses, or pay for a hotel.

nldiaz66 06-17-2009 07:48 PM

yes the clinic includes a stall for the time your there, but I guess you will have to get a hotel.You can go to clintonanderson.com and it will tell you everything there,if you take your horse it has to be for all three days, if not you dont get a refund, you just cant go for one or two days.I have been checking it out cause I want to go to one in Oct. when he as it in my area but I wont take my horse because it cost like 2000. and thats if you are a member of his downunder horsemanship.

nldiaz66 06-17-2009 07:51 PM

there having a clinic in ny in july,Clinton Anderson himself wont be there, but his associate Krista will be, here it is.
July 10-12, 2009
Krista Robinson
Horsemanship Clinic
Gowanda, NY

DixiesPaintedNova 06-17-2009 11:47 PM

If you have a truck then you could always rent a trailer from a trailer rental place. just a suggestion.

NyHorseGal 06-19-2009 06:47 PM

Thank you everyone who posted. :o)

Gowanda,Ny is long drive for me. Its like 5 hours away. :( I emailed CA and asked if they were doing a tour stop or a clinic in my area for 2010. They said they don't have anything planned for my area. :(

~*~anebel~*~ 06-20-2009 02:26 AM

Either rent a trailer if you have a good truck or pay someone to haul. Many people specialize only in equine hauling, whenever I'm going over the mountains or hauling long distances I always hire a hauling company because the drivers and rigs are far superior to me and my little two horse.
As far as for staying places, if you have friends in the area ask to stay with them. I always stay with friends and return the favor if they are in my area by letting them stay at my place.

As far as the cost of the clinic, I think that is entirely unreasonable how much they are charging!! An olympic dressage rider for 5 days wouldn't even cost that much!! And you'd never be forced to ride all the days.

Good luck on finding a way there though! And have a bake sale or something to raise funds :P