The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Yay. Critique me and cricket ! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/yay-critique-me-cricket-29811/)

XxXequinegrlXxX 06-17-2009 08:21 PM

Yay. Critique me and cricket !

Please critique me and cricket it was at a show in may with lynn palm judging. we won all our regular riding classes and got champ ! but i would love to see what people have to say, im always open for suggestions ! Thank you !
PS critique me and cricket if you like !
PSS please note i have never had a lesson

English Pleasure:
Big Paw Graphics - Beg Eng Pleasure S & Tell - _DSC4856

Big Paw Graphics - Beg Eng Pleasure S & Tell - _DSC4858

Big Paw Graphics - Beg Eng Pleasure S & Tell - _DSC4887

English Equitation:
Big Paw Graphics - Beg English Eq S & Tell - _DSC3308

Big Paw Graphics - Beg English Eq S & Tell - _DSC3346

Big Paw Graphics - Beg English Eq S & Tell - _DSC3403

Big Paw Graphics - Beg English Eq S & Tell - _DSC3409

harlequinduck 06-18-2009 03:40 AM

aww, cricket is cute as!

the only things i'm seeing is that your leg has slipped back a little in some a the shots and your hands look a little too low (but i'm not familiar with the classes you do) otherwise looks good. :)

Nutty Saddler 06-18-2009 04:46 AM

I don't know how things work in the US but my main comment would be that you appear to be leaning forward and putting your horse on the forehand in all the pics

P.S. well done for the show results.

XxXequinegrlXxX 06-18-2009 07:22 AM

thank you! and yeah i noticed that i was leaning too far forward. when ur riding through 50 mph ( no i am not exaggerating) winds and don't feel well your position is defienitly not ur normal postion. and im not trying to make excuses but just letting you all know the circumstances :) thanks again

lovemyponies 06-18-2009 07:33 AM

you two make a nice team, good turn out, yes your leg tends to slip back as already noted. You do great especially since you have never had a lesson, but if you ever get the chance take a few lessons or do a few clinics, you would probably really enjoy it, as long as its a reputable trainer, I think you could really do awesome, (as you already have.)

Its always nice to have someone watch you from the ground and give pointers, congrats on your great success

XxXequinegrlXxX 06-18-2009 07:40 AM

ahh thank you ! you dont know how much i would LOVE to have lessons! it would be wonderful.. i am always looking for ways to improve my riding. :) Although there isn't a wonderful selection here and money can get tight =/

lovemyponies 06-18-2009 07:54 AM

well keep up the good work, you look great!

XxXequinegrlXxX 06-18-2009 08:06 AM

wintec 06-18-2009 11:28 AM

hmm I can't tell if my eyes are seeing right but it looks as though in the last picture you are gripping with your knees.....not sure but it kinda looks like it =D Otherwise you look great! It's amazing that you've never taken a lesson!

XxXequinegrlXxX 06-18-2009 11:37 AM

thank you and yess i noticed in theses that im gripping with my knees and perching ! =/ ugh haha