The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   KWPN/Dutch Warmbloods tracing? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/kwpn-dutch-warmbloods-tracing-29820/)

AussieDaisyGirl 06-17-2009 11:18 PM

KWPN/Dutch Warmbloods tracing?

I'm trying my hardest to find out more information about my mare Carolina.
Getting information from the lady I bought her from is slow at best. She owns a stable south of me and is busy, busy! I hate bugging her she is such a lovely lady.

It turns out that her dam is the Dutch Warmblood and her sire is the thoroughbred. Makes no difference to me. Makes tracking her roots a little harder.

Her dam is an imported Dutch Warmblood. So she would theoretically be a registered KWPN right? I wonder how hard it would be to find KWPN mares in the US that foaled in 2001 to thoroughbreds? Wouldn't it be suffice to say that the thoroughbred sire would have to have been fairly considerable?

I'm probably searching for a needle in a haystack I guess. *sigh*

Spyder 06-17-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieDaisyGirl (Post 329816)
Her dam is an imported Dutch Warmblood. So she would theoretically be a registered KWPN right? I wonder how hard it would be to find KWPN mares in the US that foaled in 2001 to thoroughbreds? Wouldn't it be suffice to say that the thoroughbred sire would have to have been fairly considerable?

No the stallion would have to have been approved KWPN also for any offspring to be eligible to go to their studbook.

AussieDaisyGirl 06-17-2009 11:44 PM

I thought that but wasn't 100% sure. Hmm. That might make it a little easier. LOL. Or not!

Nutty Saddler 06-18-2009 02:06 AM

If your mare is registered then she will have a KWPN number in her passport, The dam will also have a number. For your horse to be on the register BOTH parents must be on the studbook.
Even if your horse is on the KWPN register as a dutch warmblood she must pass the KWPN vetting proceedure for her to be on the studbook.
It is possible for the dam to be on the KWPN register but not on the studbook so any offspring cannot be registered as KWPN .
Finding the bloodline history of a registered KWPN is easy as all the information is freely avialiable.

AussieDaisyGirl 06-18-2009 09:33 AM

Yeh that's where it gets tricky. I'm not even sure that she's registered.

At what level competition does the horse have to be registered? She was competing Level 4.

AussieDaisyGirl 07-30-2009 03:25 PM

Ok - so - the story has changed. The sire is the KWPN and the dam was artifically inseminated using imported semen in 2000.

I'm sure that makes it just as hard to trace. I think I'm going to lose my mind!

Why would someone pay $17,500 for an unregistered mare?