The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Bareback Critique (jumping too) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/bareback-critique-jumping-too-29948/)

SpiritJordanRivers 06-19-2009 11:15 PM

Bareback Critique (jumping too)

This is my 6 year old Tennessee Walking Horse gelding Spirit. I ride better bareback than in a saddle so critique me please.

First Clip - I do not have a helmet on because my helmet has gone missing and I still can't find it. I always ride with a helmet. I was working on riding w/ a focus.

Second Clip - bareback with a halter and leadrope.

Last Clips - He has only jumped once before (I'm pretty sure). He broke his leg when he was a weanling (slipped on ice) and can only jump lower settings. I haven't jumped in 2 years. I only have a western saddle and I didn't want to jump him in that. He is a TN Walker and they are not naturally great jumpers.

Thanks! :)

Jillyann 06-19-2009 11:34 PM

His canter seems really off to me for some reason?
its like hes trotting in back, but cantering in front...?

SpiritJordanRivers 06-19-2009 11:40 PM

that's exactaly what he's doing. Rocking Chair canter since he's a TN Walker

MacabreMikolaj 06-20-2009 12:31 AM

Haha, what a cutie pie! Jeez, kudos to you for riding that pace! I rode my friend's TWH once and she started pacing and I thought my teeth were going to be rattled out! He looks so smooth, he's absolutely gorgeous.

As for a critique, I think you guys look really good! It's difficult to critique since he's more or less just cantering over the fence, but he seems to get his striding pretty good and not be much bothered by it, and you look good to!

Chuckface 06-20-2009 12:41 AM

looking good there!he looks liek hes a really nice mover. I bet hes nice and comfy?

Jillyann 06-20-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritJordanRivers (Post 331247)
that's exactaly what he's doing. Rocking Chair canter since he's a TN Walker

Ohhhhhh! wow, you learn something new everyday.:lol:
I've always wondered what a rocking chair canter was. now i know!

DarkEquine 06-20-2009 05:59 AM

Me too! I always figured it was just a nice, big, floaty movement in canter. Now I know better! lol

SpiritJordanRivers 06-20-2009 09:19 AM

Thanks everyone! Yeah, he's really smooth. His canter is like a dream :)My friend (who has never ridden a gaited horse before) got on him and was like, "OMG I LOVE HIM! I'm like a kid in a candyshop this is SO COOL!" It was really funny to watch :) Anyways . . . thanks again. I'm so proud of him <3

morganshow11 06-20-2009 09:50 AM

I NEED to get a gaited horse!!!

SpiritJordanRivers 06-20-2009 10:51 AM

you really do :)