The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

looking for trails with camping in WV and Maryland

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Qtswede 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any horse trails along I68 in WV and or Maryland?

#3 ·
Fair Hill Park in Maryland is excellent for horseback riding. The trials are endless and amazingly kept and marked. The management and pedestrians are very plesant and they have trails, fields, jumps, and water to cater to any type of rider.

Also, it is available to rent stalls and park trails and i think rv's or tents that you can tack up and ride from.

It's definately a place to check out!

#5 ·
Linda, you can subscribe to the local horse forums (there are 2: MDHorsePerson : MDHorsePerson & MarylandTrailRiders : Maryland Trail Riders). I remember people asking same questions there and they got bunch of suggestions. We have people from MD, DC, VA & PA there, and they are VERY helpful.

Here what I got while back:

http://www.horseandmuletrails.com/Md.htm

Grayson Highlands State Park
Shenandoah Valley Virginia Horseback Riding Campground Camping Shenandoah Valley Guest Dude Ranch (rocky)
Hungry Horse East, LLC - Equestrian Campground and Cabin Rental, Horse Camping and Trail Riding in the Southwest Virginia Mountains

Graves Mountain in VA has stalls and paddocks to rent (rocky)

#7 ·
#8 ·
you could go to the state websites, and then to their department of natural rescources or department of wildlife. They should have listed there the state run parks & trails with all the info. The state ones are usually very well kept and clean. have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.