The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Wintec 500 dressage saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/wintec-500-dressage-saddle-30010/)

Catalyst 06-21-2009 12:07 AM

Wintec 500 dressage saddle

Does anyone have one? Pros/cons?

I'm looking to get into dressage (and I'm also not happy with my current saddle) and have found many places around my area that carry this saddle for quite an affordable price (college student here!). Unfortunately, many of my friends lean more toward western disciplines so I don't know anyone who has this saddle. Is it good quality?

starlinestables 06-21-2009 11:37 AM

I have one and its ok. The flap strap is kind of annoying and I also hate the synthetic stirrup leathers. Just curious... How much is reasonable?

Catalyst 06-21-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starlinestables (Post 332135)
I have one and its ok. The flap strap is kind of annoying and I also hate the synthetic stirrup leathers. Just curious... How much is reasonable?

Around here, they are carried new for $400. Right now, I can't afford more than that to buy new, but I'm really not happy with my CC. There are a few used dressage saddles at the tack shop that look very nice for about the same price, but I don't know any of the maker names.

zanytactics 06-21-2009 07:09 PM

I had one, and hated it. It didn't work well for me. I was constantly fighting to keep my leg back in that particular saddle.....There is a website www.bitsandbridles.com check that out, there are usually alot of good saddles on there.

mayfieldk 06-21-2009 07:16 PM

I have an wintec isabell which I love, but it's definitely something you need to sit in. Wintec's dressage saddles fit, or they don't. If you sit in it well and it feels comfortable, you don't need to worry about the quality. I have two wintecs, one that's lasted 5 years of daily riding and going to horse college, and the other dressage one that i bought used and looks brand new. The quality is great... you just have to see if it fits you. ;)

MIEventer 06-21-2009 07:20 PM

go to www.tacktrader.com

I bet you can find a good used dressage saddle there :)