The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Endurance Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/)
-   -   Looking for.... (http://www.horseforum.com/endurance-riding/looking-300537/)

Horsesaplenty 10-24-2013 12:49 AM

Looking for....

A busier endurance forum :) . Want to read about adventures and learn from others :)
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 10-24-2013 01:05 AM

I am sorry that you aren't finding enough to stimulate you here. But, just to let you know, that our rules disallow the posting of links to other online forums, so you will not get replies to your question.

One way to liven the forum is to post more threads yourself. I know nothing about endurance. but, i'd like to hear about what YOU know.

Horsesaplenty 10-24-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 3945465)
I am sorry that you aren't finding enough to stimulate you here. But, just to let you know, that our rules disallow the posting of links to other online forums, so you will not get replies to your question.

One way to liven the forum is to post more threads yourself. I know nothing about endurance. but, i'd like to hear about what YOU know.

That's the problem, I don't know enough to be posting about various issues and I have asked a number of questions that have received answers, but we are few in number on this forum :)

I see nothing wrong with helping each other out to gain more knowledge :), it's just that I need more now to help me prepare.

Thanks Prairiewind!

prairiewindlady 10-24-2013 08:40 AM

You're welcome - glad I could help! Interesting that my reply got deleted anyway, even though it didn't contain any links. Glad you saw it before it was;)
Posted via Mobile Device

greentree 10-24-2013 09:49 PM

Well, they do not have to be links, do they? Try Karen Chaton's End. ride stuff, she has TONS of info, and links to other sites. My neighbor down the road and I are extremely jealous of her, she seems to be independently wealthy, enough to train ALL the time, and travel a LOT to rides! She seems like someone you could just call up and she would chat.

Nancy

Horsesaplenty 10-25-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greentree (Post 3951617)
Well, they do not have to be links, do they? Try Karen Chaton's End. ride stuff, she has TONS of info, and links to other sites. My neighbor down the road and I are extremely jealous of her, she seems to be independently wealthy, enough to train ALL the time, and travel a LOT to rides! She seems like someone you could just call up and she would chat.

Nancy

Thanks Greentree. Even a mention seems to get your post deleted so this may be gone later :) Prairiewind's was removed and no link was included.

Horsesaplenty 10-25-2013 12:51 AM

I found her...and I have read some of her blog when searching up something before :). I bookmarked it now :)

Sharpie 10-27-2013 10:51 PM

I think I've read ALL of Karen's blog- lots of good info there, and some good stories, to boot! I like AERC on facebook if you have a FB account. Pretty busy there and I've seen a couple HF folks comment on there too, so we have crossover already! They do allow sale ads though, so sometimes you've got to sift past those a bit.

prairiewindlady 10-28-2013 01:11 AM

Sharpie, that was my suggestion as well:) It was promptly deleted though ....
Posted via Mobile Device

Horsesaplenty 10-30-2013 10:19 AM

We will prevail ;)

It's all good. I found some and appreciate y'all helping me out. I need a fairly busy board because I'm learning. One can't give much advice when knowledge is beyond ones grasp :)