The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   iPhone 5c or 5s? or Andriod? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/iphone-5c-5s-andriod-300889/)

SlideStop 10-24-2013 04:19 PM

iPhone 5c or 5s? or Andriod?

So I stepped on my phone changing my scrubs in school to get in on a delivery. It was only lightly so I thought my 3 year old android HTC thunderbolt would be fine since its been otherwise invincible. Now I have to decide on a new phone.

Idk if I want to stick with Android phones or go to apple. I'm getting a Macbook for Christmas from my money bags girlfriend, so I was thinking of switching to the iPhone. The problem is I tend to be rough with phones. I feel like they are always falling out or off of something. I do like my Android phone, I've had
one since touch screen phones came out. I'm not opposed to switching though.

Does anyone have the new iPhone? 5c or 5s? How durable is it? Do you like it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 10-24-2013 04:24 PM

I have a Motorola Droid X2 and am due for an upgrade in January. Probably going to go with a Samsung Galaxy. It has an even bigger screen than my current Droid.

I do like the heft and feel of the Droids as opposed to some of the lighter phones. Mine has taken a few falls, bangs and dings, and seems to be fine. Of course, I bought an Otter Box for it as soon as I got it, so that may account for some of the reason it's held up so well.

Everyone I know that has an iPhone likes it, but I have no plans to get one.

SlideStop 10-24-2013 04:47 PM

I've noticed the droid screens are getting larger. I don't want to feel like I'm carrying around a tablet. :lol: I wouldn't want to go any larger then what I have now.

I know cases are getting smaller with better protection. It just seems like such a conundrum to get a tiny little phone and stick a huge case around it! Although I admit it works, I have an otter box around my kindle fire.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 10-24-2013 04:51 PM

I'd be thrilled if they made a tablet with phone capabilities! :wink: Not a big fan of trying to access the interwebz on a tiny screen, so bigger is better in my mind. :-P

My Otter Box isn't much bigger than the original casing I bought, so it hasn't been a hassle. Sure, it's thicker than some, but it offers pretty darned good protection. Just stinks that I'll have to buy another one once I upgrade. Those things aren't cheap! :shock:

equiniphile 10-24-2013 04:57 PM

I have a 4s and have no problems with it. My stepmom and dad both have the 5s and would go back to the 4s without complaint. There's not a huge difference.

I have a Lifeproof case on mine....expensive, but waterproof and virtually indestructible, which is so worth it.

My friends with Droids have all switched to iPhone, if that says anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

SlideStop 10-24-2013 06:23 PM

That's the other thing. My girlfriend has the 4s and besides the size of the screen there really isn't to much of a difference. I think its also supposed to be fast and it has the cool finger print scanner. I don't keep my phone locked anyways though, but I think its neat.

I do like the new lifeproof cases! I just got one for my sister for her birthday. A little bit more expensive then the otterbox, but worth it since it doesn't turn the phone into a brick. :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallaby 10-24-2013 09:55 PM

I recently got an iphone 4s ["recently" as in July...haha] and oh my gosh. I absolutely love it.

Of course, I was moving up from a phone that was among the first Androids out...so I'm not sure how much of my iphone love is based on real "betterness" or just the fact that it's SO much easier+faster than my old phone.
I can say that my mom, who upgraded from the same old phone but chose a Samsung Galaxy instead of an iphone, now wishes she had chosen the 4s instead of the phone she got. I'm not sure exactly what her complaints are...but she sure wants my phone! :lol:

As far as cases go, I have a Speck "Candy Shell" on mine and it's still small enough to fit into a pants pocket...but it's sturdy! I've already dropped this poor phone on concrete and asphalt with no damages. The phone even bounced one of those times, it was terrifying. But it survived!

farmpony84 10-24-2013 10:20 PM

I have the 4 and am looking at the Samsung Galaxy. I upgraded to that IOS 7 and now I can't hold a charge....

alexischristina 10-25-2013 03:23 AM

I have a macbook and an iphone, I JUST got the macbook and I have to say that I like all the features you can connect from phone / computer, everything is super cohesive, so for THAT reason I say iphone :wink: get a good case on it (otter box, life proof) and you're good to go.

Saskia 10-25-2013 06:22 AM

I have a Macbook and I love it... but I have Android phones and tablets.

It's a few things to me, I think my Macbook was good value is comparison to the other options, but I feel there are a lot better value Android phones out there than the iPhone. I guess the iPhone has some great features or specs that are important to some people, but the majority of people use them as just general phones/internet things, which an Android a third of the price will do equally well.

Secondly, I don't know anyone who hasn't broken their iPhone. I also often hear about problems when the software updates, and general difficulties. Lots of people love them... and they all know where the cheapest screen repair shop is.

I have a HTC Android (Desire X). It's got a reasonably small screen (4 inch) but that is perfect phone size for me, great for slipping in my pocket even when I ride! You can get smaller or bigger in Androids. I've dropped it many times, left it out half a night in the mower, gotten it filthy etc and it works great still! Phones break, they get outdated quick, they get lost, and that's cool to me if I spend a couple hundred, but $700 on an iPhone - if I broke/lost that I'd be super upset!

I have no compatibility issues with my Mac either.

In the end it comes down to what you prefer. Go have a play around with each of the models, look up reviews, then make a decision.