The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   The 7 Games! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/7-games-3014/)

horse_luver4e 08-20-2007 03:36 PM

The 7 Games!

Hey can anyone remember the 7 Parelli games?

1. Hide your hiney (my horse is exellent at that!)
2.Yo Yo Game? Don't know much bout that one

can you guys remember any others?
Tonight I'm doing ground work with Janie Belle and I can't remember the other games! lol

Tessa Bear 08-20-2007 04:08 PM

well if you can't remember then i would sugest looking at a parelli video before attempting to do them but thats just me.

1. friendly game
2. porky pine game
3. yo-yo game
4. driving game
5. side-ways game
6. circling game
7. drawing a blank.

giget 08-20-2007 08:42 PM

these are intresting iv heard of them but didnt no anything about them what are they??

sweetypie16 08-20-2007 09:25 PM

:shock: Well it looks like Tessa Bear answered them, but im with Gidget - EXPLAIN :P

Flying B 08-20-2007 11:06 PM

I don't like the 7 games because they are work for a horse and I only work a horse when they did something wrong. I do a few of those things to work a horse, like circling, and I do hide your hiney.

Horse_luver4e I have a dog named Belle, it's a good name :wink:

AKPaintLover 08-21-2007 02:21 AM

Without going into a really long explanation, the seven games are activities done from the ground with your horse meant to better communicate with your horse, establish a relationship, establish dominance (be moving the horse's feet), and learn tools to be safe when working a horse from the ground. The seven games have cute little names, but basically they are tools to teach your horse to yield to pressure (whether the pressure is your presence or your actual physical touch). For example... the porcupine game teaches the horse to move away from your lightest touch with that part of their body. The driving game teaches the horse to move all or part of their body away as you approach in a certain manner - the whole hide the hiney concept it tied into this because when you sort of lean down and look at the horse's hind as you approach, they tend to want to move it away naturally to protect it - the concept can then be used in the circle game to get them to disengage the hind, and turn and face you.

That was way confusing - The actual videos are much more clear :)

The seven games are sort of fun and can be helpful tools in a variety of situations. I play with them a bit in the winter, but am way to busy actually riding in the summer to mess with them - what the horses learned from them in the winter does come in handy though (example - use the yo-yo game with a horse who is crowding your space while you lead).

Spirithorse 08-21-2007 03:55 PM

The 7 Games:

Friendly Game
Porcupine Game
Driving Game
Yo-Yo Game
Circling Game
Sideways Game
Squeeze Game

The 7 Games are the games that horses play with each other to establish dominance and rapport. They are the foundation for everything you want and need to do with your horse. The 7 Games will give you a language that the horse understands and will start to break down the prey/predator barrier between horse and human.

For more information on the 7 Games go to the Parelli website or get the Free DVD from the website. www.parelli.com

Tessa Bear 08-21-2007 04:07 PM

squeeze game duh i should have rememberd b/c thats the one tango sucks at haha.

spirit: hey its me from pinedell.

Spirithorse 08-21-2007 04:12 PM

Hey girl! How are ya? lol!

horse_luver4e 08-21-2007 05:25 PM

hey sry but can you exsplain them just briefly?