The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Iphone App for Vets, Horse, and Cattle Owners-What do you guys think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/iphone-app-vets-horse-cattle-owners-30189/)

nntllc 06-23-2009 10:42 AM

Iphone App for Vets, Horse, and Cattle Owners-What do you guys think?

Equine and Cattle Vet App
TRACK IMPORTANT INFORMATION EASILY ON YOUR IPHONE OR IPOD TOUCH!

• Birthing Tables
  • Breeding Cycles
  • Medication Schedules
  • Vaccination Schedules
  • Feed Blend Tracking
  • Location Tracking
  • Pedigree Builder
  • Cost Tracking
  • and Much More
Contact us for more details and info on this Great new Iphone App
nntllc at gmail.com

nntllc 06-23-2009 11:10 AM

I just got a email from a user here asking about adding veterinarian medical reference info to app. We will be doing this too. Great input. We will be releasing this app July 1, 2009 in the itunes store. May we ask that every iphone owner who reads this post that they have one as a reply so we know who you are when we move to testing next week.

VACountryGirl 06-23-2009 11:49 AM

Wow, that sounds really cool! I have the iPod Touch and my husband has the iPhone. I would definitely download that to store my horses' information.

nntllc 06-25-2009 09:46 PM

Thanks for the expressed interest. We would like to invite all members of this forum to give input. We need your input to make sure this upcoming app fills a majority of horse and cattle owners needs. The list of functions listed on our first post is not a final list but what we felt should be included. Please could you horseforum.com users give us your ideas?

Sixxofdiamonds 06-26-2009 02:24 AM

Would there be a deworming schedule addition to it? I would also suggest a farrier calendar.

I would be rather interested in this if it had the above two resources.

How much will the app cost initially? Will updates be free?

JustDressageIt 06-26-2009 02:50 AM

I'm considering getting an iPhone and have a couple of questions regarding this app:

- would it be transferrable to a PC or Mac? If this is my main resource for tracking my horse's health, I want to be able to download said information to my PC or Mac so that if my phone breaks, the information is still backed up
- how much would this app cost?
- would there be bill tracking as well (i.e. you have a list of your veterinary visits, invoice amount and if it's paid in full or owing?)
- I would also suggest having a page for your horse's description, a picture, and emergency contact info like your vet's number and insurance company's number.

nntllc 06-26-2009 02:08 PM

We will be adding the following items and including the following resources.

Additional Items:
  • Farrier Schedule
  • Expense Tracker for Each Animal

Additional Resources:
  • Online Support(Universal Mac/PC)
  • Printable Reports
  • Email Forwarding of Records
Please keep the feedback coming, it has been very helpful. Currently the App is looking like $49.99 with free updates for the first 2 years. This pricing could change as we add and refine items we will be including in this Iphone/ipod touch app.

Keep the ideas and suggestions flowing.

nntllc 06-26-2009 02:11 PM

Emergency info and horse ID info has already been added to app. It was part of the original framework. We had already integrated the Iphone camera to the system to allowing adding your animals photos as part of the file on each animal.

nntllc 06-26-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxofdiamonds (Post 336242)
Would there be a deworming schedule addition to it?

It is already built into the vaccinations schedule feature of app.

GypsyTally921 06-26-2009 03:46 PM

Man; I was JUST thinking about this earlier today... I don't have an iPhone and I don't plan on getting one, but I really need something I can carry around with me to track all this stuff, that's for sure. Good idea... I only wish I had an iPhone :)