The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Talk about a bad day.... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/talk-about-bad-day-303138/)

Tennessee 10-28-2013 09:04 PM

Talk about a bad day....

1 Attachment(s)
So, I don't post on here much (cause I'm in the Navy now and don't really get around horses, let alone my own, much anymore) but I just need to vent a little bit.

I went to work today thinking it was going to be a good Monday morning. Had an awesome command PT and was feeling great. I get to the diesel shop where I work, and my Chief calls me in and tells me that the local police department has found my truck...my beautiful, beautiful, slightly expensive Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi in the middle of the woods completely stripped. My daily driver is a little SUV so it's not like I go check on my truck every morning to make sure it's okay. Plus, it's on a military base so who the heck would mess with it? Well, apparently someone did. My truck was completely stripped when they originally found it. They found just enough to get the VIN and get into contact with me, but then I found out that when they went back out there there was literally NOTHING left. I'm so pissed. I still owe a lot of money on this truck, and believe it or not, the military doesn't get paid ALL THAT GREAT, especially as a single E-2. So, here's the picture of what is left of my truck. Literally ALL THAT IS LEFT. I had at least $1000 worth of tools in there, my SS Card, and all kinds of personal stuff that I really would rather have not been touched. Take the truck, but Jesus don't try to steal my identity cause you're going to be very disappointed when you go to buy something lol.

That's it. Just needed to vent a little and get some stuff off of my chest. Good thing is, insurance is gonna do what they can to get me back in a new truck.

(PS - Excuse my sloppy sailor ways in the picture and the fact that I am wwwaaayyyyy outta uniform regs.)

tinyliny 10-28-2013 09:08 PM

ARGH!!! that would totally steam my clams! I hate a thief, like nothing else.

VickiRose 10-29-2013 09:26 AM

Dammit that sucks! Glad the insurance will cover most of it, but the invasion of your privacy/ possessions can't be paid for. Some people are a waste of oxygen! Hope they catch them.

ladygodiva1228 10-29-2013 12:52 PM

My question would be who had access to the miltiary base that could take your truck? Are there cameras there?

Sorry that happened to you. I hope they find the person that did this.

Klassic Superstar 10-29-2013 12:59 PM

Omg, I'm so sorry!! Tha trumps my bad day yesterday when I was told by more the two people I'd be getting a call about being hired as a gymnastics coach...been waiting now 4 weeks between 3 interviews and just waiting yesterday was crummy...ugh!

Red Gate Farm 10-29-2013 01:35 PM

First off, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for serving your country. :D

Secondly, this totally sucks! Here is hoping something will turn up on survellience cameras or on some clues or something that will get your personal stuff back. I know what it's like to have your identity taken away like that.

Corporal 10-29-2013 01:39 PM

I am so SORRY!!!! ***mad, kicks the desk, jumps up and down!!!**
Does anybody know--are there any parts that were stripped that also have the VIN#?

Cacowgirl 10-29-2013 04:08 PM

That is really bad! I had a horse stolen off my base-I did get her back, but I was pressured into not pressing charges on someone w/more rank, & the mare was never the same. They ran her into the ground & she was really messed up. A beautiful little 3 Bars grand-daughter. I really hope your insurance steps up & makes this right for you!

Speed Racer 10-29-2013 04:17 PM

Tennessee, that's awful. I do hope for your sake you had GAP insurance on your truck. That way, your current loan will be completely paid off and you can start again with a new vehicle.

Geeze, you'd THINK things would be safe on a military base.