The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow... This girl is unreal

6K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  morganshow11 
#1 ·
OK so long story short there is a girl who has been showing up at the CSHA shows that I usually attend. Well I try to make her feel welcome and tell her a little about the Assoc. who is what chair and who is the show manager and in our Hunter Hack class I wish her luck and she says
"Oh Don't worry I have an A Hunter and the judge knows it" and takes off to do her class.
Well we get 2nd in the class and not upset about that but I am UPSET about what she said to me! then at the show the next month she talks about how she doesn't jump higher than 3' because her hrose is 'old' (11yrs old) and a 'retired' A hunter. Oh and did I menchion that she doesn't jump higher than 3' because "We all know QH's can't jump very high."
Me: :shock::-o:evil:
AND THEN she complains that I won the Open high point and she didn't, she complained that her horse didn't know SMS and it shouldn't be counted in the high point.
Next month:
She 'loses' the open high point again and complains again however we bet her in hunter hack and she says to the judge:
"You know he's an A hunter right? why did we get second?"
Me: :shock::-o!!! seriously?? she's THAT worked up about a 'retired' A hunter that 'can't jump high' getting second ok. So, I find her on Youtube and she has put a video up of her other horse that she is showing in Madien and she was alone in 3 of her 5 classes. She only showed that classes she got first in (classes alone) and cuts off the sound before you can hear that there was no second placer. So I leave her the following comment on the video:
"Hey! so cool to see you on youtube! you have such cute horses! do you think you have the Madien buckle nailed down? D & I seem to so far and we love competeing against you in Open. It's nice to have a new face to compete with! see you next month."

I tried not to be hostel but I also wanted her to know I wasn't buying her 'A'Hunter story. To add onto that she doesn't ride like an A hunter (I am not trying to say I am perfect), I mean she get's perchy over jumps and doesn't have much of a release. PLUS there are only videos of her at schooling shows and none of her at these 'A' hunter shows. So I ask on her page "Hey I also forgot to ask who did you ride with on the Hunter circut, my friend (insert name) rode at Spruce medows and the like about 7ish years ago. I haven't been in forever since I am lacking the 'right' horse but wondering where you liked riding?"
THEN I get this comment on my video from show of champions:
"You probably got 4th because you had the wrong lead four time through your course and your horse really shouldn't be in the hunter ring looking like that. I am worried about state this year because we school 3'6" at home and they only have 2'6" at state."
So I check out the persons web page and it's an account that was JUST made today and this new person is 'friends' with the girl I found on youtube. So I think she made an account to get all snooty with me and try to put me down. I messaged this 'person' back telling them that I got first in that class (which I did) and that I had ONE wrong lead through the whole course and I got 4th at state because the judge HATED us on the flat and like I have said D is not the best mover in the world so that's not unexpected. I asked her to post videos of her 'perfect' 3'6" Hunter for all to see. She seriously have NOTHING on her page other than my comment to her. It said that she logged in at 3:00pm which is about 15 minutes ago so yeah I am pretty sure it was her.
AND
I never posted how I did at the show of champions so she much have looked up the placings online on the official site.
Thank you for reading am I right? this chick is really something else?!!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
If she had an A Hunter horse and proof that she's this 'great' shower heck yeah! I would make her drag me to a couple of shows lol. However, it just seems like she is telling tall tails... Why would she bring her horse to these shows (they are a step above schooling but a step below breed shows) it seems wierd to me that she would go from the A circut and jumping 3'6" to jumping 2'6" (max height allowed) at these smaller/largerish type shows??

#4 ·
I faced a ton of that back when I was doing 4-H shows. I never moved on from 4-H because it was so bad at just the local shows.

I would recommend just ignoring her. I know its difficult to do, but if you just turn your back on her that will bother her more than anything. There are lots of people like her in this world and the truth is that the more people talk about how great they are or how good their skills are, the less they really know. People brag about themselves when they don't have enough confidence to actually do the things they brag about doing.

I hope things work out for you! Showing would have been so much fun for me if it weren't for all the snooty people I ran across.

#8 ·
Maybe she wanted a change in venue. There's nothing wrong with dropping down to schooling type level shows to get your practice in. Could have been a lot of reasons why. To re-tune him, or maybe he was starting to have problems at the upper level. Hard to say.

#10 ·
Okay...

Okay. first off I want to say I am awesome at googling people and that is how I found this and I'm going to defend myself.

First off you misquoted me I never said your horse shouldn't be in the ring, I said your horse had a nice round, I also made a joke about how our horses are similiar in not being able to understand when fences are small (and how my horse would more then likely just knock everything down because he wants to be sloppy with his knees). I was polite and cordial (and looky here I still am!). I also said we school 3' at home and show 3'6"-3'9" when we can, and the fences in the All Around last I checked were 2'3" (CSHA sent me an old premium last week because i had a question about fence height).

Anyways its not about winning its about having fun and learning.

Secondly I am not the girl you see at shows, I ride in a completely different region then you. Yes I go to rated shows, why am I doing CSHA? For fun, horse showing should be about fun anyways. Also its cheaper then going to a rated show and in this economy I want to get the most bang for my buck lol.

My horse isn't an A Hunter, when I got him he was a young OTTB that I trained and this year he's finally settling down, just like your horse (or how you explained to me so lovely on my YOUTUBE wall.) my horse can't cut it in the hacks most of the time because he isn't a 10+ mover.

I've never seen you before or met you. You said to someone else on your page your placings at SOC and you wrote "I don't know why... blah blah blah" So anyways i was just pointing out the technicalities, thats all, nothing personal.

I'm sorry about the snobby girl at your shows, she is not me, and in RL and online I am not a snobby person. Your Youtube says you are 20, I'm 23, we'll see each other at SOC this year (and compete against each other as well), and I want to be civil, and nice and possibly become a friend, but you didn't give me the chance because you READ what you wanted to READ and shut me down (as in you blocked me on YouTube so I couldn't even write back to you). I didn't create an account to bash you because I wasn't bashing you. I created an account to go and comment on my favorite cartoons and such (because at 23 I still love cartoons).

But I did just create an account on here to reply to your post and defend myself like I said. Now if you actually would like to be civil and let by gones be by gones we can swap stories and photos. I'd love to hear more about your SOC experiences since this will be my first year. :)

<end>

#16 ·
This is why I don't show much (and when I do its just fun local stuff) I prefer just riding around and having fun, not competing and dealing with all of the drama.

#17 ·
You'll run into people like that no matter where you go in the showing world. Even just in the barns sometimes. You just have to be the mature one and ignore the arrogant snobs. Concentrate only on your horse and your own business. If you're confident in your abilities and you're proud of your horse, who cares what the snotty riders think?

#21 ·
^^ I agree, ppls..Really--sometimes you just have to agree to disagree, and even then--who cares what someone else thinks/says? If you love your horse and beleive in him then there's no problem! I put my horse on a forum critique and got a "I'm not seeing anything special here. He needs to lose weight and he's tanking around on his forehand.." I was somewhat hurt/taken aback, but I reacted as nicely as I could, agreeing he needed to loose weight and saying I would work on getting him off his forehand..I love my horsey, and nothing anybody says to me will make any difference. Just turn the other cheek! You will probably never see her again so who cares? Maybe move to trail riding or something not in the competitive/show field..You can still ride english AND jump!

#22 ·
QH's can jump, sometimes bigger on average than TB's but usually over 3 ft, they don't have the biggest stride, but they can jump. TB's can jump big, but not all of them, most QH's can do four ft but thats their max. Only thing I wanted to point out. Also not a western QH advocate, just stating what I've found in the H/J world, where I rode and participated, and it is all just drama. Show Circus as I like to call it.

#26 ·
Rofl....Cowgirl, that's what I was thinking. Why would someone get so caught up in the drama that they go hunting other people down online! I have had people do a lot worse to me and didn't go that far with it. Perhaps a little self reflection is in order here by the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.