The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Which Camera? (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/camera-303730/)

Skyseternalangel 10-29-2013 10:12 PM

Which Camera?

I cannot for the life of me decide which one to go with.

Here are the basics of what I want:

Water proofing because I have decided I love kayaking and would like to continue to take photos of what I find in my adventures

Able to withstand shock impact of riding without falling down

Remote that controls when to take photos, and on/off switch so I can decide to record a segment of my ride or take a photo of a particular moment

Comes with various mounts so I can bring it anywhere

Not too big or bulky but durable

I honestly.. cannot decide. Quality of photos and recording is ideal.

Here are the two I need deciding from:

Drift Ghost HD

Drift HD Ghost Action Camera | Two Way Remote | 2 Inch Gorilla Glass LCD Screen | Video Tagging | Photoburst | Timelapse | Drift Innovation

Go Pro Hero3+ Silver Edition

HERO3+ Silver Edition

Any advice is appreciated.. I've been going back and fourth for like 5 months.

albertaeventer 11-01-2013 04:27 PM

I've never heard anything about the Drift one, but I have a Gopro Hero 3 Black and absolutely LOVE it. The video and sounds quality are absolutely amazing, and I've never seen another camera of that type that comes close. I don't even really use the higher settings that the black came with, a silver would have done just fine for me in hindsight, but I did want the remote, even thought I've never used it yet! The only negative I've found is that if you are planning on taking lots of video on a higher res setting, you definitely will need a high speed SD card, or the card will not be able to keep up and the camera stops recording randomly. I had the original gopro before as well and I have been beyond impressed with everything, so I can't see myself straying from the Gopro in the near future! :-)

If you google drift hd ghost action camera vs gopro there are several links that come up that look to be very helpful and might give you a hand in deciding.

wdblevin 11-02-2013 12:54 PM

This is my fav site for digital photography equipment reviews: Digital Photography Review

You can search for the items you are interested in and if you also get a chance, check out the forums.

Skyseternalangel 11-03-2013 01:52 AM

Thank you for your input! :)

Skyseternalangel 12-18-2013 08:07 PM

Okay I ended up going with the GoPro but had to send it back since it was faulty..

So I'm back to square one. I think I may just look at other options..