The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Riding (/horse-riding/)
- - Back in the Saddle (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/back-saddle-30377/)
Back in the Saddle
Hello there. I'm new to the site. I have no horses of my very own but grew up around them for years and years. I am trying to get back into the horse world and a friend of mine offered to let me ride hers... I was wondering if there was any advice or knowledge you guys thought might be helpful for someone who may have forgotten all the basics... :)
The very first things I was taught was:
- chin up,
- straight line through ear, shoulder, elbow, hip and heel,
- straight line through elbow, wrist and horse's mouth,
- light and constant contact with the horse's mouth, follow the movement of the head,
- hold your hands with thumbs on top (no bike handle hands!) a pinky length above the wither and a pinky length apart,
- keep your back straight and your lower back supple, move with the horse,
- heels down, toes up and pointed forward.
good luck, and I hope you have heaps of fun riding your friend's horse! just relax and enjoy yourself (:
Oh and welcome to the forum :D
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.