The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What is he worth? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-he-worth-30409/)

White Foot 06-26-2009 02:56 PM

What is he worth?

I'm looking to purchase a new horse not only for me but my horse Gunther. I fell deeply in love with the Fjord. Surprise, Surprise I live in NY and it's very VERY hard to find them in NY. But I did happen by one that is only an hour away and I'm going to try to get a date to look at him.

The owner is asking "5,700", but I hope and think I can negociate him lower.

This is what the ad says "
This boy rides although can be lazy at times...as he is still young...But is willing to Please.Letting him go will be very hard for me,but I don't have much time anymore.Very SWEET and Handsome!May mature to 14.3 hnds.Email for pics and more information.Please look up the Norwegian Fjord Horse to find out all the wonderful things about this VERY Old Breed!NEG To Good home.FAMILY FRIENDLY,EASY,EASY KEEPER!"

I would never buy him without going to look and test ride first but he's only 3 and doesn't look like he has had any training, do you think I can lower the price?

White Foot 06-26-2009 02:58 PM

The thing is I'm dead set on getting a Fjord, don't ask me why. It's just like everyone has their own "favorite" breed and I think I found mine. I want to go visit and see what they are all about.

I don't have much money to spend at one time so even though he's cheap I would love to see if I can go cheaper. Buying an already trained horse that isn't too old is out of the question or price range for that matter. That's why I'm stuck looking for horses in this price range. Getting him trained won't be a huge deal for me because I know a few trainers that I would love to work with.

whitetrashwarmblood 06-27-2009 02:08 AM

Yes, I think you can.
I would try and ask for $4500. I'm assuming he has papers. I don't think I've ever seen a Fjord for sale w/o them. lol
Hopefully, the owner will realize a good home is worth much more than getting more money.

xilikeggs0 06-27-2009 02:20 AM

I don't think the papers really matter since I'm assuming he's a gelding, and it's not like you'd need them to go to any breed shows... You might be able to get him for less without papers.

White Foot 06-27-2009 12:01 PM

Thanks.

Joshie 06-28-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilikeggs0 (Post 337058)
I don't think the papers really matter since I'm assuming he's a gelding, and it's not like you'd need them to go to any breed shows... You might be able to get him for less without papers.

Don't buy one without papers if at all possible. It's more difficult to sell that horse if you need to do so at a future date.

White Foot 06-28-2009 10:43 AM

Yeah, I don't plan on doing any breed shows but they don't hurt to have.