The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Talk (/horse-talk/)
- - Help filling out transfer papers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/help-filling-out-transfer-papers-30457/)
Help filling out transfer papers
I got Paul's AQHA paperwork from his owner and I am in the middle of filling out the transfer papers. I have a few questions:
1. Do I send the orginal registration certificate with the transfer paper? I read at the bottom of the certificate that they fill in my name as the current owner and send it back but I am not sure.
2. Because I am not a current member but would like to become a member of the AQHA, the membership fee is $55.00. Is that correct and will I receive paperwork on my membership back?
3. In the envelope, I should have the transfer sheet, the registration certificate (or copy), and my check for membership and if I would like to sign up for their AQHA magazine?
If anyone can help, I would REALLY appreciate it. This is a first for me and I want to make sure I am doing things right.
Thanks so much.
Yes, you send his papes in with the transfer. They update the papers with your name and send it back to you.
I would become a registered member by online transaction so you will get it immediately, then you can send your paperwork in and use the member priveledges. I don't think they want you sending in for a membership and a transfer at the same time. And yes, you send in the origional papers, not a copy.
Thank you so much. I will sign up for a membership later today (for some reason, their sign-up window has an error)
I checked the box for membership on the transfer paper when I sent in Sis's registration it was no hassle at all and within a week or two I had my membership card and her registration back.
If you would like to start receiving the journal you can sign up for that online, I'm sure. It is very reasonable and the articles are very well written. I am a fiend for the QH Journal.
I have no experience with AQHA papers, but I do for ApHC papers.
When I got my mare's paper, I filled out the transfer and sent the original papers, transfer sheet and money to be a member. A few weeks later I got the papers and membership in the mail.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.